Lions Gate Press Release: "BEYOND RE-ANIMATOR & LEPRECHAUN: BACK 2 THA HOOD"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Scaring Up Fun on DVD, December 30th, 2003

Marina Del Rey, CA, November 19, 2003 * Forget visions of sugarplums. *Before this holiday season is over, Lions Gate Home Entertainment, the home entertainment arm of Lions Gate Entertainment (AMEX and TSX:LGF), will put fear back into the New Year with Beyond Reanimator, the long-awaited sequel to the cult classic Re-Animator, and Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood, the next installment of the magically demented Leprechaun series. Featuring the original stars of the memorable original films, and all the wry humor that made them so popular, each is sure to ring the New Year in with a frighteningly fun bang! Order date for Beyond Reanimator on DVD is December 2, 2003 and on VHS is December 9, 2003. Order date for Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood on DVD is December 1, 2003 and on VHS is December 8, 2003. Street date for both titles is December 30, 2003.

"Lions Gate¹s strong tradition of releasing crowd-pleasing horror films is only strengthened by the debut of Beyond Re-Animator and Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood," said Peter Block, Lions Gate President of Home Entertainment, Acquisitions, and New Media. *"Both films combine the chills, effects and laughs that made the originals cult classics."

BEYOND REANIMATOR
    After causing the Miskatonic University Massacre, Dr. Herbert West (Jeffrey Combs) has been serving a prison sentence for the past 14 years. Far from overcoming his scientific obsession with bringing dead organisms back to life, he has had no choice but to continue his experiments on the only specimens he can find in his cell: rats. But when new doctor Howard (Jason Barry) begins working as the prison MD, he brings with him something Dr. West left behind...
    DVD Special Features:
    … Production Commentary with Director Brian Yuzna
    … "Making Of" Featurette
    … Music Video "Move Your Dead Bones"
    … International Trailer
    … Spanish language tracks
    … Available in 16x9 Widescreen with Aspect Ratio 2.35:1
    … Dolby Digital
    … Running Time: 95 minutes
    … Rating: R

LEPRECHAUN: BACK 2 THA HOOD
    When a group of hoodlums stumbles upon the Leprechaun¹s (Warwick Davis) treasure, they go from dirt poor to ghetto-fabulous overnight, spending their loot on pimped-out cars and hair extensions. One by one the friends soon discover they've opened up a can of demented whoop ass, as they find themselves face-to-face with the weed-smoking, knife-wielding, Leprechaun who will stop at nothing to get his treasure back.
    DVD Special Features:
    … Production Commentary with Warwick Davis and Director Steve Ayromlooi
    … Production Commentary with Steve Ayromlooi and Director of Photography David Daniel
    … Spanish Subtitles
    … 5.1 Dolby Digital
    … Scene Access & Interactive Menus
    … Running Time: 87 minutes
    … Rating: R, for violence, perverse language, drug use and some sexuality.

Lions Gate (AMEX & TSX: LGF) is a leading diversified independent producer and distributor of motion pictures, home entertainment, television programming, animation and video-on-demand content. *The Lions Gate brand name is synonymous with original, cutting edge, quality entertainment in markets around the world. *For more information, please visit www.lionsgatefilms.com.

BEYOND REANIMATOR & LEPRECHAUN: BACK 2 THA HOOD
    Street Date: *******December 30, 2003
    Order Date: *******December 2, 2003 (Beyond Reanimator)
    **********December 1, 2003 (Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood)
    Price: ***********$26.99 *(Beyond Reanimator)
    **********$24.99 (Leprechaun: Back 2 Tha Hood)

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Beyond Re-Animator will be mine. Oh yes, it will.

Heh, I like how the official press release spelled "Re-Animator" wrong [​IMG]

3. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

New Re-Animator installments are always welcome. Leprechaun...well, that's another story.

4. David Tolsky

David Tolsky Supporting Actor

I though the sequel to Re-Animator was Bride of Re-Animator

5. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

It was. This is a 3rd film that comes after Bride of the Re-Animator. It premiered a month ago exclusively on the Scifi channel, and now its coming to DVD. Personally I was disappointed with it. I'll pass on the DVD.

6. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

7. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Take a look at the critic who is quoted on the back of Beyond Re-Animator. [​IMG] :b

8. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

Since I have no intention of purchasing the DVD, I can't look on the back of it. Why don't you just tell us what the critic said?