What's new

Lions Gate: Please release "The Resurrected" on DVD (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Just rented the VHS release which was put out by Live Entertainment. As far as I know, Artisan bought Live and now owns their catalog of movies.
"The Resurrected" is based on an H.P Lovecraft story. The film stars Chris Sarandon ("Fright Night") and is directed by Dan O'Bannon ("The Return of the Living Dead", "Alien".)
Most Lovecraft fans consider "The Resurrected" to be the most faithful (and possibly best) film adaptation of his work.
The film pretty much starts off as a detective story and then darkly turns into an atmospheric/moody look into the evil of one man's experiments in defying death.
Some gruesome gore but most of it is 'heard' by the viewer or partially hidden by lighting. Once the main characters head into Charles Ward's catacombs, both they and the viewer truly do not know what to expect. This film does allow you to use your imagination (thankfully.)
So Artisan, "The Resurrected" is not available on DVD....please consider releasing it in the coming year. It does not have to be a 'special edition' disc, just make sure it's in widescreen with a good video/audio transfer (perhaps a good "extra" would be a director's commentary from Dan O'Bannon.)

Will K

Screenwriter
I worked at a video store long ago and recently came across an old screener after cleaning out a closet. This really is a good, creepy little film and it's sad it is largely forgotten by the public. I would happily pick up a "resurrected" DVD version of this one, just as long as they don't pull any of that pan-and-scan crap they did with Sleepless.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I guess there must not be much interest among HTF members for this title :frowning:

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Unfortunately, Lions Gate is still not interested in releasing this one on DVD any time soon.
HOWEVER, visit my "Resurrected" site at;
http://members.tripod.com/~evilbaby/resurrected.html
There you will find the name and address of THE guy you should write to and request a DVD release for "The Resurrected." Let's get him to notice this little gem!

Dan M

Second Unit
By all means bring this one on. I would imagine most any avid horror movie fan would want this in their collection. Long overdue...I only saw it once or twice many years ago on cinemax and I never forgot it

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks