What's new

Lion's Gate "Boondock Saints" on WS set (1 Viewer)

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
Has anyone unfortunate enough as myself seen this version of the film on a widescreen TV? The packaging said 1.85:1 so I was hoping for some fullscreen 16x9 goodness on my new TV but instead it seemed like I was viewing the film through a MAIL SLOT - black bars on top and on the side! WTF? Please tell me that I set up my TV or DVD player incorrectly, Blade 2 and Ice Age (both 1.85:1) show up with any bars at all.

TIA
Arthur

Chris M

Second Unit
I have this one and a widescreen TV. It is non-anamorphic widescreen, which means you have to find the widescreen mode to zoom the image. It should fill yer screen without losing any picture. For my Toshiba TV, it's theaterwide mode 2.

Good luck.

I don't think even the Fox US version of this film is anamorphic either which is a huge letdown, but at least the US version is 5.1 and has some extras which we don't have :frowning:

Chris.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
If you can play all regions, try the Japanes version or the new one from Germany. These are anamorphic and UNEDITED. The US and Canadian releases are censored. I got the japanese one from CDJAPAN.

Matt

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there talk about another release of this DVD in a Special/Limited/Collector's/Ultimate/etc.. Edition? They've started work on a Boondock 2, and it would make sense for them to pump it up by re-releasing a new DVD.

Chris M

Second Unit
Jussi.. you are correct, the packaging says 1.85:1 but it is in fact 2.35:1.

Chris.

PS, no my player doesn't do multiple-regions :frowning:

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
Lion's Gate has an edition of Boondock Saints?

I hope Fox eventually rereleases Boondock Saints with anamorphic goodness...though I don't have a WS set but it's nice to know it will come in handy sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks