What's new

Lions and Tigers and HT Receivers (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
What do you mean the clearence? You can add any fan you would like to cool down the unit that is not a problem and of course fan noise cannot be avoided.

By clearence though, it won't fit in the wall or something? I know my HK reciever was an awkward fit in my entertainment center so I had to use a box cutter and make a hole around it and it would stick out the back a little.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
What do you mean the clearence? You can add any fan you would like to cool down the unit that is not a problem and of course fan noise cannot be avoided.
By "clearance" most receiver manufacturers want you to have 3" of open space above, on the sides and on the back of the receiver. This space is necessary so that the unit can "breathe." If you don't have at least this much space around the receiver, you might consider placing it in another area so it doesn't overheat on you.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Oh, well mine is somewhat limited on space but it does have about 4" of clearence. I'm sorry I just wasn't thinking about the clearence. I am somewhat tired and I just wasn't sure what you are referring to. If you put a strong fan in there to circulate the air I don't see why you would have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks