Lion King Collector's Gift Set

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Vijay, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Vijay

Vijay Agent

Lion King Collector's Gift Set

Did any one here buy this set, and is it really worth the extra $$

I can't find a review for this gift set, Like most importantly I wanna know about the book, cuase the dvd is the same and there are just some sketches, and is the book worth the extra money

Also is says its limited ( like what the ET limited edition,,thats still out there)

If you know a link to a review of the book with photos of it, let me know.

2. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

No but I bought this instead - well worth the money, I don't mind telling ya! [​IMG] Sorry, couldn't resist! [​IMG]

3. Arnie G

Arnie G Supporting Actor

What's the US $ conversion?[​IMG]

4. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I decided to pass on the book today. I used to purchase the best possible edition of the movies I purchased, and later realized how much extra money I've spent on movies that are not exceptionally important to me (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, etc.). I also realized that the only extra in the $40.00 pack was the book (and the much nicer cover), and it just didn't seem to justify almost three times the price for me. However, that said, I'm sure that some forum members did buy this version and are glad that they did!

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i ordered mine from amazon stl less then $32 shipped.
    ilike the way the set looks. the slipcase has a much better looking artworkon the front. i don't like the look of the orangy colors on the dvd slipcase.

6. Rob Dwyer

Rob Dwyer Stunt Coordinator

I picked up the Gift Set, and quite honestly was a little disappointed with the book in the set.

The book, while nice looking and well put together. However, more than half the book is a re-telling of the Lion King, and seems more aimed towards children. (Maybe a reprinting of a Lion King kids book?) The first part of the book is pretty interesting, saying quite a bit about the production of the movie. I'd give the book a 2.5 out of 5

The sketches, on the other hand, are beautiful! I'm almost considering having them framed and putting them on my wall. They look almost like they *were* the actual character drawings coming directly off the artist's pencil. To me, these sketches alone are worth the price of the set.

And like it was said earlier, I like the boxart better than the regular release [​IMG]

7. Mr. Brian

Mr. Brian Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know if the signatures on the sketches are real, or just printed?

Thanks,

Brian

8. Chazz_S

Chazz_S Supporting Actor