What's new

Lion and NEC Projectors (1 Viewer)

mstlteacher

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
I'm hoping someone has had this experience and has figured out a work around...
Since upgrading to Lion, I can no longer send my display to my NEC LT280 network projector. It connects fine and the cursor shows up, but against a black screen.
Changing resolution or colors does NOT work to display properly.
I contacted NEC who say it is a Lion and thus Apple problem.
I see nothing posted anywhere on Apple's support pages and so am hoping one of you gurus can help troubleshoot this issue.
Thanks.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would double-check the usual. Is the computer set to mirror displays (System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement Tab > Checkbox for Mirror Displays)? It sounds like you are in extended desktop mode, which would explain the cursor on black.

mstlteacher

Auditioning
Real Name
Todd
Thanks for the suggestion. Lion doesn't show me an "arrangements" tab. Just the resolution choices and the color profile. Perhaps I need to back up one step. This NEC projector is ethernet connected and so I assume any additional display options may not show up due to the display ports being empty. NEC uses a software projector interface called Image Express for Mac.

nate4454542

Auditioning
Real Name
nate
I have the exact same problem. Did you find an answer? Its driving me nuts.. Thanks!

mlofton

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa Lofton
Any answers for this issue? Some of my computers magically started working, but a new install of Lion caused the issue to show up again. Why is it a Lion problem? Can NEC not give us an update that will fix this? Our school has an NEC projector in every classroom which, as you can imagine, is problematic when a black screen is all that shows.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Probably not the answer you want to hear but let me lay it out like this: You got sold a bill of goods by NEC who designed something that isn't really a good idea. It might work with the specific OS version for which they designed it but Apple has no responsibly to make sure it still works when their OS moves on.
Is Ethernet based displays an Apple solution or an NEC solution? NEC. So you are wrangling the OS to do something it's not really designed to do. Don't blame Apple when their OS changes, blame 3rd parties who layer stuff like this on top and are slow to make it work.
Bottom line: If your display doesn't show up in the Displays tab it's not a 'real' display, hence it's not Apple's fault. It's a hack. One that got broken when you changed OSes. Send the display back to NEC or go back to a working version of the OS for which NEC hacked it to make work.

oncletom

Auditioning
Real Name
Oncle Tom
Problem solved by using an updated driver (version 1.2.8) — http://www.nec-display.com/dl/en/pj_soft/eula/index_ieu_mint.html I had the problem on 1.2.7, provided on a CD with the projector. It's OK with the version 1.2.8. Hope it helps further people here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks