What's new

Linksys Wireless Router bridgeable? (1 Viewer)

Jason Rimmer

Auditioning
I've got a plethora of devices I'd like to hook up to my wireless network and it appears to be cheaper to add another BEFW11S4 router with a built-in hub rather than a gaggle of pricey WET11's. The catch of course is that I'd need to bridge the new router to the old one, is this possible? If not with Linksys with any other brand or wireless router?

Keith M.

Second Unit
im in the same dilema... I need a WET11 for my XBOX Live. why doesnt anyone make a smaller more reasonably priced solution?? I dont need a huge bridge, just something like an external wireless lan card with ethernet support NOT USB!!!

Who has the best price on the Linksys WET11 right now? CompUSA??

Jason Rimmer

Auditioning
The WET11 is barely an option for me. I've got 4 devices to hookup: XBox, PS2, Tivo, and Audiotron. The idea of spending more than $400 to hook them all up gives me the willies. I'd obviously rather spend $99 on another router/hub.
As for best price pricewatch comes up with $99 from a unknown vendor. Amazon's got them for $105 and it looks like eBay's prices are around $90. Compusa.com lists them for $130.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Can't you just connect a hub to the WET11? I haven't tried it myself since I'm only currently using my XBox off of it but it seems like it should work.

Chad Seymour

Stunt Coordinator
I think you can just buy another BEFW11S4 and use it. I contemplated that, but in the end I just decided to bite the bullet and run cable...

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks