What's new

Linksys WAP11 configuration issues (1 Viewer)

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
All-

Just got my new toy tonight. I got a new Vaio SRX77 and have it connecting wirelessly to the WAP11. I got it up and running fairly quickly - Linksys always has made some pretty good products (and love my new Vaio.)

At any rate, I got WEP up and running quickly, but I want to restrict the MAC Addresses capable of using the system. I only have one client now.

I followed the instructions, but every time I try to update the list via SNMP by hitting "write" in the flash area, it says "Download of Authorized Mac Addresses failed." I'm only importing a 1 line text file with the MAC Address (no spaces.) Should be really simple, but no love. It connects fine via SNMP and is able to read data. I'm definitely using the readwrite password.

I've got the latest firmware i think - 1.4i.1 and using the latest utility software - 1.7d.2.9 from a Win 2k machine. This has me kinda stumped - maybe it's too late at night, but i'm thinking this should be drop dead easy.

Help?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What format of the MAC address entry are you supposed to use?

Is it supposed to look like:

00:00:2D:AE:12:34

or

00002DAE1234

?

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
It's the later format.

I did call linksys and they ended up telling me that my unit was DOA. So I got a new one today and will try it out. Will post results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks