What's new

Linksys Router Question (1 Viewer)

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I don't know much about ports and whatnot so my networking vocabulary is very limited.

I just have a quick question about bypassing the firewall of my Linksys router for certain programs. In AOL instant messanger, I can only direct connect and share files with a select few of my friends online. None of my friends that are behind firewalls at college can direct connect with me. They can direct connect with others, so obviously the problem is on my part of the connection. So does anyone know how to set the ports or something so that I can use AIM to it's fullest?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The problem you mentioned is their firewalls not letting you in, not your firewall preventing you from getting out.

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
Why would it be their firewalls not letting me in when a friend of mine from Ohio State can connect to a friend from Bowling Green?

The only person they can't connect to is me, because of my firewall in the router.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks