Linksys and XBox Live

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve K.H., Oct 19, 2002.

1. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

K, I'm stuck... Cables shown to be hooked up... says it is picking up the ISP settings, and the DNS resolves... can't connect to XBox Live though...
    Found the page regarding ports that need be opened:
    If you are able to connect to the network when bypassing your router, you may need to configure your router to allow network communication on the specific ports required for Xbox Live. For Xbox Live to work correctly, the following ports need to be open:
    • UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074
    So I farted around with that (don't know if I did that right) and still nothing... funny part is when I try to hook up direct (bypassing router), I get an inability to resolve DNS, and cannot find the ISP even.[​IMG]
    Anyway, still not online... suggestions? Seems like it's seeing everything, just one thing ain't clicking.

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

There could be a problem with the authentication servers right now, have you called the 1-800 number yet? Also what type of service do you have? have you tried resetting your Modem?

3. Steve K.H.

Yep, tried resetting the modem... the site says it's online right now... and of course they closed an hour ago (damn)

4. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

If you hook the modem into the XBox directly, you'll need a crosslink cable which is probably why that isn't working.

Make sure to open the ports to both incoming and outgoing traffic.

5. Steve K.H.

Figured it out... thanks everyone..., was a slight change is all... the LinkSys is excellent, picks it up immediately.