What's new

Links to car audio DIY sites (1 Viewer)

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
First off, am I the only one experiencing problems with the main page of HTF? I have to go to recent posts to jump to other areas of the forum???

Anyway, I want to build a clean box, with the limited space I have in my 2001 extended cab Chevy Silverado. I can't find (haven't really looked too hard) much information on DIY information with examples of other peoples work.

Any links would be great! Thanks

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
carsound.com forums. A lot of big time car names hang around that forum.

Sounddomain is good if you look at the cars for ideas, but the forum is pretty terrible.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
Thanks alot guys. Good links with lots of info. I was mainly looking for pics of good stealth installs that left most of the factory equipment intact. I will read up and figure out what subs to use and what kind of box to build.

I was looking at the parts express catalog, and like the Dayton series II 8" woofers part #295-100, and will likely build a sealed box since I will listen to mostly hard rock and like the kick drum feel rather than the boom.

My truck will not allow for anything more than a 10 because of clearance under the back seat, and I don't want to raise it or alter that part in any way, but 10's seem excessive for the sound I am looking for.

Thanks again. I will check out those forums and post questions there.

Mark gas

Second Unit
I would gowith a IDQ 10 bex=cause it will work in ,5 cubes or a ea8 it will work in .2 cubes.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
People comment me sometimes on my stealth install of an Adire Audio Tempest driver in a 3.5CF box tuned to 24hz. I had to paint the box orange in order for ppl to even know it's there.

Tempest

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.