What's new

Links or photo gallery for Adire alignment Tempest 214L (1 Viewer)

Brett Loomis

Stunt Coordinator
I am almost ready to start this project but would love to see someone's photo gallery of the assembly process so I can better visualize the order I should plan on assembling this sub.
Any links or suggestions?
Brett
[email protected]

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I built two 214L tempests with the help of a friend at a professonal contractor's shop. The design is one of the most difficult on the web, and wasn't fun to calculate.
Link
I know the forums probably sick of seeing me posting links cause I feel like I've repeated it like 50 times in the past month. :b
Anyways, The order we did it may be a bit different than your standard "box" sub but here it is:
Cut all the panels out, make driver and port cutouts.
Cutout 4 side panels to match identically (with a router and large template). Add lock mitre edges to side panels, and countersink screw holes in brace and bottom panel.
Assemble the 4 sides first using glue and the lock miter to hold.
Assemble brace separatly with screws and glue
Insert the brace in enclosure with liquid nails and add screws to ensure brace strength. (easy to pull off with conic/pyramid shaped enclosure)
Add top panel and bottom panel last with glue and countersunk (internal) screws.
Finished product has no outside visible screws or brads so no "filling" needed. Lock mitered edges ensured air tight bond so no caulking used.
Description:
214L net volume tuned to 15.4hz with dual 3" flared ports.
3/4" MDF factory laminated with Maple.
4" high Maple hardwood legs made with jigsaw and belt sander
Aluminum painted speaker terminal
Brushed aluminum laminate as top panel
Maple edge tape on bottom to cover lock mitre ends
I still havn't added a finish on the darn thing so I guess it's still in the making. Since we made templates it only took us two six hour evenings to make 2 of these but we had the right tools and experience.
Believe it or not, I was selling these fully assembled bare enclosures for $150each back when we were making these and didn't sell any because nobody was interesting.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be impressed.

PaulDF

Second Unit
Hi Brett. I got a lot of inspiration from this site http://txraves.org/~magnetik/diy/Page.html
There are also others here at the Adire site http://www.adireaudio.com/diy/galler..._territory.htm
I have a few pics of my assembly process, and my functional but not finished sub. But unfortunately I have no spare time to put them on a website or post them anywhere. I am just lucky my wife let me have the time (30-35 hours) to actually build the box! If you are interested in more detail of my learning experience, then just let me know.

Mark Krawiec

Agent
Hi Brett,
It's been a long time since I looked-it seems kinda corny now, but you can click on this link to see WAY too many picture on building a box. It's more or less according to the adire reference for a sealed sub, though I did take some liberties.
I'm sure there are some other links in the projects link at the top of the diy thread listings too.
mark k.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks