What's new

Links '04 Bottomed out my SVS. (1 Viewer)

Mark Doyle

Auditioning
I've had a 20-39 PCi for over a year(which I love) and have never heard it bottom out on any of the standard bass-heavy movies. I rented the new version of Links for X-Box and found it to have very impressive graphics and sound (yes, a GOLF game with great sound). There is an animation of hitting a powerful drive where the ball is going up and right by you, while powerful sound waves come off of it. These waves create ultra low, room-shaking bass and when I cranked it up a little too high-CLACK-it sounded like a golf ball being hit. Has anyone else tried this game with an SVS? I highly recommend it for showing off a home theater system, but approach with caution.

Chuck Schilling

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I think xbox sends a very hot signal and that's probably what got you in trouble- When I hooked one up to my TV, I was amazed at how high the gain was compared to the inputs from my VCR, DVD, etc. I suspect that the input was just a little hot and pushed your amp/receiver into clipping before you expected it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks