What's new

Linking two receivers together? (2 Viewers)

Haywirzus

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin Devaney
I have both a Panasonic and a Kenwood receiver, Each with their own set of speakers and subwoofer (in the same room). I want to do the insane and link the two receivers together. Neither have a pre-out, but I've heard to use the Tape (Rec) Out channel to get the signal to the other receiver. I tried this and obviously get the audio working from the master receiver, but not the second receiver. Did a sound test from the second receiver and all speakers working, just not getting signal from the first (master) receiver.

My setup is as follows:
Coax coming from wall to TV. Audio out from TV to Tape IN channel. Tape OUT to Tape IN on second receiver. DVD player to VCR IN and VCR OUT to VCR IN channel on second receiver.

This is the basis of my setup. I'd appreciate it if someone could help me out.

Thanks,
Kevin

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think the problem is the output from the master receiver is the same as the input. This won't typically work. Think about it, you don't record with the same source you are listening to. So, connect your sources to inputs like CD, Aux, whatever, then connect ONE (unused) tape output to an input on the second receiver and leave it set to that input. Then, when you select the input on the first receiver it is automatically fed to the second one as well.

Just to clarify. What you are doing now is trying to listen to a recording WHILE you also record to it on the same device. You would never do that, so the receiver isn't sending the signal.

Beyond that, I don't know why you are doing this. Of course, you do realise you have two separate volume controls.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I don't think that the TV sound will be carried to receiver #2 because the signal that goes into the tape in jack does not does not show up on the tape out jack. I'd suspect that the other input jacks like TV in or CD in would play through the tape out jack, but you may have to push a tape loop button on the receiver to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks