Linkin Park: Reanimated DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric T, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Eric T

Eric T Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I just picked this up tonight. I have been hoping for a DVD release of the Points of Authority animated video, and this DVD-A release has it, as well as two other videos.
    The multichannel mixes are very well done. I'm not usually a big fan of remixes, but I must say that this is a great collection for Linkin Park fans.

2. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I've had this dvd-audio for over a month, and it is one of my favorites. The multi-channel mix is done very well. While the music purists won't like it (the surrounds have full-fledged instruments & voices emanating from them--not just ambience information) the end result really involves you in in the artist's thoughts I guess you could say. Kind of the whole point of listening to music, eh? The definition of an "immersive" sound mix.
    It's cool all the videos have 5.1 Dolby tracks and not just stereo.
    Hopefully other young groups will put their work into dvd-audio and in multichannel form. I'm going to pick up Yes' Fragile dvd-audio that comes out today, because it's such a good album & I love Yes. But I'm afraid that since I've heard this album about a zillion times (radio/at home) I'm going to get bored with it quickly, multichannel or not. DTS has a new dvd-audio called "Brazilian Bossa" (it costs $26 at Best Buy--why???) that I am considering buying because one of my favorite groups, Thievery Corporation (a duo really) uses elements of bossa nova music in their music. I have four of their albums so far (and yes, I really do like Linkin Park's music, despite the giant musical differences--I'm just weird I guess): http://eslmusic.com I think their best album is Sounds from the Thievery Hi-Fi--I have yet to have someone say they don't like this fusion of pop/jazz/chillout music.
    LJ

3. Eric T

Eric T Second Unit

I have Fragile coming to me mail-order [​IMG]
    I like some creativity with the multichannel mixes, so I like to hear more than just ambience in those channels.
    They just opened a Best Buy near my house, and I've seen several other DVD-A I'm interested in, so I'm going to start collecting more. I really love the format, but up until now, I've had to buy everything mail-order. Even the high-end AV shop in my area doesn't carry any DVD-A titles.
    I think I'll start by picking up Brazilian Bossa. Sounds cool, I dig jazz and latin music.

4. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

If you have the right decoder, that "Brazilian Bossa" disc (& its sister release, "Brazilian Jazz") both include DTS' new DTS96/24 high-resolution compressed format. Though any regular DTS decoder can play it.
    BTW: that Yes "Fragile" dvd-audio definitely uses the surrounds for more than ambience!
    LJ