Linkin Park-Frat Party At The Pankake Festival Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Johnny G, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Johnny G

Johnny G Supporting Actor

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I did a search & couldn't find it.

It seems this DVD has more than 1 "Easter Egg" and the 1st is gonna be revealed this weekend, this is from the fan web site.

1.10.2002 : First DVD Hidden Exra To Be Revealed

Linkin Park is going to reveal the first hidden extra from their DVD "Frat Party at the Pankake Festival" to LP Underground members this weekend, before it goes up on linkinpark.com. Check back this weekend in the news section to get that info first!

Stay tuned....

2. Johnny G

Quite a lot of interest in the thread but it doesn't look like anybody's found the easter eggs themself! =(

3. Johnny G

OK, I've got the details, I'm gonna try them out & post back later

4. mike caronia

mike caronia Second Unit

Hit me Johnny!
    I love Linkin Park.
    Pretty good disc for a band with only one album out.

5. Johnny G

OK, the info I found was from a thread on their message board which was started on Monday and has had lots of comments so they must work but for the life of me I can only make #3 work which isn't relly hidden anyway, it's just instead of a commentary.

Can someone PLEASE try make these work then repost them explaining a little better such as naming the buttons angle/subtitle/audio/select/enter/title/return etc etc.

__________________________________________________ _________

DVD CODES! Make This A Sticky PLEASE!!

1. "A Place For My Head" from 1999--This can be achieved by going to the 3rd chapter of the DVD called "Beginnings"...and right after Joe's done talking about the band, you hear Rob say "From the Beginning..." Well on my DVD the subtitle for that pops up, and if you hit the video button (a.k.a the button that looks like a movie projector)...you get a performance of "A Place For My Head" from 1999. Also, a little extra fact...notice a certain band's poster hanging just to the right of Rob while he's drumming...sorta ironic when you look at things currently. You only see it while Chester is singing cause the camera has to move to the right to show it. That's all I'll say.(note: if the subtitle doesnt pop up, it should work anyway)

2. "Points of Authority" video 2---Go to the disc set-up on the main menu for the DVD when you put it in..you'll see the subtitles and commentary things there too...but DONT DO ANYTHING...sit for a few minutes, get a icy beverage if you'd like...then in a minute or 2 a window pops up that says LINKIN PARK at the top and has the numbers 1-9 on it...Put in the code "1485952", hitting play (or enter, whatever you wanna call it) after EACH number...after you put in 2 and hit enter, the Video should come on...

3. One Step Closer BACKWARDS--Turn on Director's commentary and just watch the video for One Step Closer...the song is backwards, but the video is forwards...its pretty crazy

4. The reason you're here likely..the infamous "Mike's Big Ass Breaks the Table"...ok this one is slightly complicated...First off, STOP THE DVD. Then...look for the "program" button, or so they call it. its this button with a rectangle on it that has a solid line near the top of the box...press that shit. Then, a little menu pops up on the screen. The first one is what tells the DVD player where to start the DVD when you hit play...Put in a "3" there, which will change the number next to the book from "1" to "3"...then just hit play...you'll know when you've got it

(For this one, number 4, I stoped the DVD, and selected to play ?section? idk if thats what it's called, but like 1:3 section 1, chapter 3, so, select section 3, and play it to get the Crawling single's video. I hope this cleared this one up!)

/| care of: Runaway435 /|

1) One Step Closer Remix by the Humble Brothers -

Watch the One Step Closer Video, when Chester says the last "Shut Up" before the chorus starts again, press "enter"

For this one, I watched the video, and when Chaz is screaming SHUT UP!! at the end of the song, a small subtitle will apear that says (SHUT UP!)

/| care of: lprsengel /|

THESE ARE THE ONLY KNOWN SECRETS AS OF YET!!

6. Johnny G

OK as well as the backwards track, I've now had "Points of Authority" video 2 & One Step Closer Remix by the Humble Brothers (audio only) but I can't get the other 2.

7. Johnny G

got em all, I think

during the beginnings chapter at 09:32 a subtitle reads in the beginning, at this point, press play & you get the boys in the early raw form rehersing.

8. Johnny G

I can't believe this thread has had 180 hits but nobody commenting on these features!

9. Gene S

Gene S Agent

Umm, because I don't have the DVD yet (nor did I know there was one) I've been keeping up with the thread to learn about the DVD.
    Thanks for the info!! [​IMG]

10. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Can anybody tell me how the video and sound quality on this disc is? Is the soundtrack 5.1?