What's new

Link to DVD-A/CD Hybrid (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I read about this. Warner is toying with the idea of including a CD layer on DVD-Audio discs. There is a thread about this running on Steve Hoffman's forum. Here is the link:
http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/sh...&threadid=8422
I think it's a great idea from a marketing perspective. If Warner and the other backers of DVD-Audio were to do this and then get their act together with a flurry of quality software releases and an effective marketing campaign, it could really hurt SACD. I mean, we would be talking about a format that would be compatible with both CD and DVD-Video, that would include higher-resolution audio in stereo and surround-sound (hopefully both), and would also offer video. That's a powerful combination of features. Perhaps it would give Sony and Philips cause to have DVD-Video information encoded on SACDs for backwards compatibility and/or include video on SACD layers. In any event, I hope Warner takes this step to improve its format.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks