What's new

Line of Fire: Eminence Front (1 Viewer)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
ABC presents a special premiere movie event, "Line of Fire: Eminence Front, Parts 1 & 2," offering a fast-paced look inside the gritty, parallel worlds of the FBI and an organized crime syndicate, SUNDAY, MAY 30 (9:00 -11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

This must be a combination of the remaining episodes from earlier this year. Glad to see it back, even if it's only for a last shot....shame it got lost.

Good episode description at web site

http://abc.go.com/movies/lineoffire.html

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least they didn't leave the loyal viewers with a cliffhanger, and had Paige save the day. Paige has come a long ways from her initial introduction as a green, gung-ho agent into Lisa's go-to-gal.

Emil just doesn't cut it as the tough guy shaking down the girl with the tie with the bad guy.

Jonah, Jonah, Jonah, what were you thinking, talking to your wife like that after what she had been through. He deserves the rain of caca that's about to be dumped on him and his organization. (Too bad we don't get to see it).

elan

Auditioning
Real Name
Carrie Irons
Good show last night; satisfying. Sorry to see a program with such potential bite the dust. Characters are fleshed out and interesting, plots are good, it's very watchable stuff. ABC had a winner with this. Shame to see it go.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I wish the show was around for a second season. I would like to see the remaining two episodes that weren't aired.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I missed it too...and I started the thread! Sounds like we may be SOL since it is basically banished.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Is there no chance for a reprisal? This show really had a spark. I enjoyed the characters, the writing, everything. I really wish ABC would give it a second chance, or perhaps another station could give it a second look.

The final episode(s) was quite good. I'm really disappointed that we won't get to see these characters grow...

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

I looked as this as a rather shoddy attempt to close-up things. For me, what made the show special was they had such a great bad-guy and a pretty imperfect head FBI guy (stolen right from Prime Suspect—but then one might as well steal from the best).

The last episode really never dealt with their issues and conflicts.

OTOH, at least they did wrap it up.

BrandonT

Auditioning
Even though they never completely resolved what would happen to Roy on his UC assignment in Malloy's organization, it was great to see Malloy's wife call Cohen into her hospital room after Jonah basically told her that she brought the rape onto herself.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Very good final episodes, with some great moments. This show had great potential, and I think it got better as it went along. I wish it had garnered the ratings to survive.

The last scene with Cohen & Janet Malloy felt a bit tacked-on, as if the producers wanted to put some closure on the series. I agree with Patrick that it would have been nice to see some of the fallout, if only a montage of scenes of Jonah & his organization being taken apart by the Feds after his wife sings.
You know, we often bitch at the networks for not giving promising shows a chance, but I can't fault ABC here. They pulled their top long-running drama off the air for three months to give LoF a shot, and they stuck with it. They gave viewers a chance to find the show - can't blame them if the numbers weren't there.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Understood...and I wasn't blaming ABC in this instance. This certainly wasn't a "Family Guy" situation where the network was to blame for the failure of the show. I'm simply hoping that there is enough buzz out there to warrant a second look - even by another network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks