Line of Fire 12/9/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Jasmine Meathe, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Jasmine Meathe

Jasmine Meathe Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know what the ratings for Line of Fire were last night? I know it did pretty well for the premiere but haven't seen any numbers for last night.

2. Jim Beaver

Jim Beaver Supporting Actor

I just want to say I LOVE Line of Fire. This show rocks.

3. Jim Beaver

How come no else is talkking about this awesome show? I can't be the only one loving this.

4. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I think it's pretty decent too. But it might not make it like Kingpin didn't. The family angle was a little irrelevant in the last episode and seemed to be trying too hard to imitate The Sopranos.

On a side note, does anyone know the name of the techno song used in the TV promo spots for this show? I think it's a Moby song. Thanks.

5. Jim Beaver

It's "Right Here, Right Now" By Fatboy Slim. Awesome Song

6. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I'm really liking it also. I absolutely hated Kingpin, I thought it was really a let down, but Line of Fire has really drawn me in for some reason.

7. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

so the girl playing Bambi, the hooker Roy had breakfast with is the same as the one who plays Eve in Angel, right?

8. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Yea I'm also kinda digging this show. I'm a sucker for mob/gangster type movies and shows, but this is still a pretty good show.

9. John_Lee

John_Lee Supporting Actor

I loved how they showed the mob and the FBI using the exact same takedown strategy to get the $$ from the ersatz drug buyers. And the heads of both organizations simply wanting the $$ because it was passing over their turf. Could easily have been overplayed, but the message was just sly enough.

And David Paymer rocks.

10. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

I have been fairly impressed with the show.

The characters are pretty good and the stories have been fairly entertaining.

One thing that I think could backfire is the fact that Jonah Malloy (played by David Paymer) has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I suppose that is 'okay' in a villain. However, most TV villains and anti-heroes at least appear to be morally conflicted. This guy just seems to be sadistic.

That sadistic quality is something of a turnoff. I had a difficult time believing in the last episode that he had a wife because he hasn't portrayed any qualities that would lead me to believe that anyone would want to marry him...or that he would want to marry.

Believe me, I am not squeamish. I love watching the show "The Shield," for example.

11. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I'm also really liking this show. It seems very well put together and it has earned a Season Pass on the Tivo. [​IMG]

12. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

this is a great show. however, i wish more background was established with the organized crime family. Paymer seems to hands on IMO. there has to be something else going on.

13. BrianShort

BrianShort Supporting Actor

I'm really enjoying it too, and I like Paymer as the villian, but I do agree about him having no redeeming qualaties at all. At least Tony Soprano can be a nice guy! I was also surprised at how "hands on" Jonah is. Quite a difference from The Sopranos, where Tony has his soldiers take care of collections and beatdowns (most of the time anyway). The amount he's involved with stuff, you think the FBI would be able to make an easy case on him.

One thing I was thinking about that would be neat, if the show lasts, is to periodically change up the villans, so we're always watchng the FBI crew, but they're not always going up against the same bad guys season after season.

I don't envy that undercover FBI agent. Yikes!

Brian

14. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

I've enjoyed the show also. I liked the 2nd episode better then the pilot. The 1st episode introduced to many characters, they should of spread it out over a few episodes.

Actually i'm enjoying the sadistic character that Paymer is playing. I like to see bad guys be bad guys.

Paul

15. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

16. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

And one of the girls in Cruel Intentions 2.

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I like Lisa Cohen's no-nonsense approach, but you have to wonder if she goes after the money for personal gain, or just to get it out of circulation.

I don't envy the undercover guy in Malloy's outfit, and he's too decent for the job, and that's going to wind up compromising people.

I hope this cat-n-mouse game between the FBI and Malloy doesn't start cribbing from that aspect on the Sopranos.

18. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

19. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Makes the process a bit corrupt though. Justice shouldn't be about financial gain.