What's new

Line of Fire 12/02/03 Pilot (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd put up a reminder for "Line of Fire" where it seems the FBI and the mob clash in a higher than usual profile. Leslie Hope (Teri Bauer from 24) is the FBI lead agent, and David Paymer is a mob boss who knows the heat is going to be turned up after a FBI agent is violently killed "in the line of fire".

It's on ABC 10 p.m. EST.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Saw the promos for this. Looks interesting, although I hope I can buy the actor who is playing the mob boss. I remember his face from one of the City Slicker movies where he was kind of a wuss.

Anyways, I'll watch it taped this week. Maybe live next week now that Real World is over.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I hope I can buy the actor who is playing the mob boss. I remember his face from one of the City Slicker movies where he was kind of a wuss.
I have to admit having him as the mob boss has me intrigued, casting against type as it is. I might just try and catch this, though I'm generally not a fan of mob shows or movies (have never watched The Sopranos).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Looks interesting, although I hope I can buy the actor who is playing the mob boss. I remember his face from one of the City Slicker movies where he was kind of a wuss.
David Paymer. Great actor, but yeah, I'm a little disappointed to hear that he was cast as the mobster. I would have thought he'd be perfect for the FBI lead.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I love David Paymer.He is such an awesome actor I love him in Payback and the 6th Man. That is why i'm watching tonight because he is so great. He'll do an awesome job i'm sure.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
The review in the paper today calls it The white Rapper, so to speak, of gangsta rap.
Ouch.

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
Paymer seems to have nailed the role so far. I have high hopes for the series if this first episode is any indication.

No, I'm not that David Paymer. ;)

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
He reminds me of Fredo.

All I can say is I'm glad this show isn't on NBC, otherwise it would be pulled three weeks from now and replaced by Law and Order. So far I'm in. Wonder when this show will air regularly when NYPD Blue comes back?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i have mixed thoughts on the show. i enjoyed the pilot but the show just didn't feel right to me. IMO, perhaps it was too rushed in introducing too many characters at once, and the young female trainee got on my last nerve.

The show seems like a mix of The Wire, The Sopranos and various cop shows. I hope it is a good show and does well as a couple of shows that I had high hopes for this season are really disappointing me.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
He reminds me of Fredo.
Good call. I think Malloy may be a bit smarter than Fredo, but that's a pretty good comparison.

Pretty decent show that didn't really reel me in till the recently released convict turned out to be an undercover cop.

Oh and I think this show may have found Jennifer Garner's twin sister. This FBI trainee was pretty annoying though.

Jasmine Meathe

Stunt Coordinator
I think Paymer did a great job playing the mob boss. It was out of character for him but he is so weird he pulls it off in a scary way.

I don't think the comparisons of Malloy to Fredo are accurate. Fredo is the meak little brother who is always craving power while Malloy is THE boss and has all the power.

Overall I liked the show and think I'll watch again next week.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I thought it was good, but I do hope NYPD Blue takes back it's timeslot soon.

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
On Fredo/Malloy. I didn't mean he reminded me of Fredo as far as character goes. He'd be Michael. It's just that's how I remember Fredo looking, physically. Of course, it has been a long while since I've seen the Godfather movies, so I may be way off on that recollection.

I'm looking forward to getting into the meat and potatos of this series. Hope it lasts (and that they bring back Blue sooner rather than February, as a friend told me today).

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I have not watched the show yet. Did they say what city it takes place in?

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
Though I enjoyed the show and feel it has some promise, the show displays tendencies of a cop show that sometimes bugs me.

First you have the rookie that does not follow directions but gets a pass on everything. For instance the female rookie FBI agent in this show has no regard for authority and is about to be dismissed from the program by the review board, but then she goes into a song and dance and she somehow comes out unscathed. Then she goes to her first position a week early and is told to come back at her regular scheduled day. We think she has left but then the lead FBI agent finds her going over case work and is told to come back in 2 weeks. They have dinner that night and then is told to come in the next day to start work.

Is it just me or does it seem that the FBI storylines are just too predictable or its just something that we have seen before which doesn't break new ground in the way it tells a story?

Also would you be able to finish an FBI training program and be assigned to active duty in 15 months? She said her husband was killed on Sept 11th and then during the show the undercover FBI agent goes to the grave of the fellow agent which shows the date as January 2003.

I enjoyed David Paymer as the mob boss. Its nice to see an actor go outside their traditional acting roles.

I critique because I love :)

Paul

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
After one episode, I don't be liking the van Doran (Bibb) character, too damn self-righteous and totally inept in playing the game to get what she wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks