What's new

line doubling, dvd resolution, upscaliing???whats best? (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
I have an epson [3 LCD] projector native res. 1024x768. it also has a line doubler inside so s-video and rca[composite] look better. currently, I run a regular dvd player thru s video to my projector. now common sense says if I was to go HTPC, then I would use my monitor out. and get 1024x768 res. my question is, how much better would that be over what I have setup now? wouldnt the computer just scale the dvd res. up to 1024 which is what my projector does with the s-video sinal anyway. if I am missing something, someone please let me know. basically, which way will the imnage look sharper. ps my screen size is 12' diagonal.

geno

ps mods, this is a repeat post from HTPC. just trying to get some answers.

Geno

Supporting Actor
yes it is, but my projector does not accept prog scan info [ie. no component in, just composite and s-video and monitor cable] but ive been told that my projector converts the signal within itself [not sure of the ratio though]. its an epson powerlite 710c.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You can probably use your PC to scale the image to 1600 x 1200. I think that projector can accomodate such a hookup. This is probably a question for the HTPC area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks