What's new

Line doubler for AE200? (1 Viewer)

Rob Ho.

Grip
I am, almost definitely, going to purchase a Panasonic AE200 or 300 from pricejapan.com. Does anyone know if there is a line doubler or video enhancer available to use with these projectors? Thanks much!

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
Any progressive scan player should do nicely- but if the 200 and 300 are anything like the 100, the best picture is obtained using the vga input, which will require a component to VGA transcoder for most DVD players.

Andrew B.

Rob Ho.

Grip
I've looked for the specs, and found them in Japanese. Couldn't find a traslation program.:frowning:

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
If you have an interlaced DVD player, then an iScan V1 is all you need really. The iScan will line double your VHS, NTSC cable and LD sources too. If you have a progressive DVD player then a transcoder cable is what you need to go from component to VGA. Whatever you do, you want to connect to the VGA port of the AEx00 and set the PJ to WIDE 480 or WIDE (its one of those, I can't remember which). I am not positive that the AE200 and AE300 do this the same, bu AE100 users found that connecting via the VGA port and using the WIDE setting was best. It also allows you to make RGB adjustments which many found critical.

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
On the 100 you set the Pc Priority to Wide. What to do on the 200 and 300 remains to be seen. I have not gotten my hands on either one yet to check it out. The 100 is unavailable, now, by the way.

Cheers

Andrew B.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks