Line Conditioners - Worth the Money?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by dpippel, Feb 7, 2002.

1. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    I'm seriously considering the purchase of a line conditioner, either Paramax or Monster. Other than the obvious protection and insurance converage they afford, are there other benefits? I've read reviews of this equipment that claim improvements in video quality, sound reproduction and amp performance. Have any of you who've incorporated one of these units into your HT noticed actual increases in performance of any particular component or components? Is discussion of this in the same vein as high end vs. low end cables? Has it been done to death already? Thanks in advance.

DP

2. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

It's really dependent on several factors that we have no way of knowing. Some people recognize improvements, others nothing at all, and still others that notice degradation. The only way to find out is to try it for yourself, and hopefully the place where you purchase from has a return policy, if you don't like it.

3. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

There have been a number of discussion on this topic, and it seems to be something you just have to try and see if you like.

-Max

4. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

Doug:

If you suspect that it has been "done to death." Why wouldn't you use the search feature? I ran your title through misc hardware and came up with two pages of threads on the subject. The use of the search feature gives you your answer much faster than posting the subject, cuts down on the repetitive threads and doesn't depend on the kindness of the same people answering the same questions. Sorry for what may appear to be a rant (and I guess it is).

Good Luck

Ron

5. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

6. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    OK guys, climb down off your high horses please. I tried searching on this topic but wasn't having much luck. As you know, forums have been getting moved around quite a bit over the past week. Methinks that all of the chaos may have thrown things off as far as the search function goes on the day I was looking. That's why I posted. My apologies for offending your sensibilites.

Kevin - Thanks for the links.

DP