Line conditioners / power-centers

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Shane Morales, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Second Unit

Howdy!

Do I really need this:
    • Monster Cable HTS3600 line conditioner - $450

vs. this:
    • Monster Cable MP HTS1000 Ref. PowerCenter HTS1000 - $150

The goods that will be hooked up to these:
    • Samsung 56" DLPHLN567W
      Denon 3803 Receiver (w/ Mirage speakers)
      Denon 2900 DVD player

Help me cut through the BS. Will the HTS1000 degrade the video/audio output quality compared to the HTS3600?

Any better alternatives? I'd really rather spend closer to $150 than $450 on this. Thanks.

2. Steve Lucas

Steve Lucas Stunt Coordinator

Why limit yourself to these two choices only? Monster has an entire line of power conditioners. I personally use the Powerbar 1100 on my system. The price is $199.95 (list) and it has the same "clean power" and surge protection circuits, plus more outlets for future additions. The point is, look at thier whole line of conditioners and choose the one that satisfies your own price vs. features ratio.

Steve

3. Shane Morales

Steve,

Yep, I noticed the 1100 soon after posting. The extra outlets decided it for me.

4. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Shane, speaking from experience I have the HTS1000 that my sub is now plugged into & a HTS5100 that my tv, receiver, dvd, & cd player are all running off of. I can tell you first hand that when I went to the HTS5100 I noticed only one improvement, noise or rather ground noise coming through my ac stopped completely. The 1000 did a pretty good job but the 5100 stopped it all together. Now some of this was do to a wiring fault that I fixed later on so the HTS100 probably would have stopped it if I had fixed the problem before the upgrade. But I purchased the 5100 for the switching features & higher surge capacity that the other didn't have.

IMHO I would buy something other than the Monster power products as there are very comparable products for far less money out there. I only bought mine Because I can get them for myself at 60% off retail due to my job. Had it not been for that fact I too would have bought something else of another brand.

5. MarkMaximus

MarkMaximus Stunt Coordinator

Where can one obtain other brand products? [​IMG]

6. Shane Morales

I got a good discount on the HTS3600 at the dealer so I went ahead and got it. It sure does look cool.

7. Pam W

Pam W Stunt Coordinator

8. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

I have a Panamax surge protector, and it was an attractive buy for $100 with it's connected equipement guarantee. I believe it's better than Monster's.