Line Conditioner / Surge Protector

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by hendricksonET, Dec 16, 2005.

1. hendricksonET

hendricksonET Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I was looking at getting something like the Monster Cable HTS 3500. They had a deal at onecall a few days ago and I found it for a reasonable price, but are they worth it? I already have a monster cable surge protector that is a power strip. It looks like the Monster Cable PowerCenter PC900, not sure if that is the exact model of mine. I see all these reviews that say OMG this thing makes the my TV shine.

If they are good are there some other brands that might be more for the money compared to Monster Cable? I saw that the Belkin PureAV PF30 seemed comperable.

Opinions?

Thanks!

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    There's an area for this...

My Panamax 5100 surprised me that it did make my picture look nicer, but it made no difference otherwise. I got it for a good price though, so no complaints and plenty of piece of mind.

also check out www.powersystemsdirect.com

3. mark tu

mark tu Extra

I have the PureAV PF60 and am very happy with it. 12 outlets in back - 6 filters - 2 high output outlets, 1 for the amp and 1 for the sub, but the part I like best is that it has a 13th outlet in the front hidden behind a sliding plate. It's very handy for those temp hookups, like when transfering stuff from a camera, or when my nephew brings his playstation over - you can plug it right in without struggling to reach behind to find an open plug. It's a little pricey, but I did a lot of research and I think it beats the others in features for the price.
    Just my 2 cents...
    Mark