What's new

Line conditioner....do I need one? (1 Viewer)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
How do you tell if you need any of the fancy power supply stuff like a line conditioner?? DVOM at the wall outlet measure fluctuations of AC voltage?With the money I've sent,a lot to me:D ,id like to get the best out of everything
Greg

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Damned good question Greg. Power conditioning means different things to different people. Not knowing if you live in an apartment or home and any specifics that may be going on, its a difficult if not impossible question to answer. For starters, is your HT system on its own line? What else is on the line...dimmers...halogens...fluorescents...etc?
How steady is your voltage...a few volts either way with virtually all equipment doesn't matter. Do you have frequent brown-outs? Are you presently experiencing any dissatifaction or issues? I see that you live in OK and I'm going to take a stab that lightning may be an issue. If it is, maybe the first thing we ought to talk about is protection for all that equipment that you want to get the most out of...Are you a DIY'r...feel comfortable working around electricity? Got a buddy who's an electriciaon? Lots of questions before we can realistically get to your original question.

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
TRUE :D rather broad question,shows how little I know about it:frowning: well live in home,everything is plugged into 1 medium priced surge protector,it appears to have worked,lost 2 modems to lightning,and not a single causualty on the HT front,just kinda confused em for a while:D .No brown outs.Im an auto mech at the dealer level for almost 20 years,quite a bit of DIY,but kinda shy away from 110 and 220 v.Had enough plug wires bite me to know thats as far as I want to go:D
Any more info needed??Ive seen TV's explode from lightning,dont eant to again:D
any more info/help would be great
thanks
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks