What's new

Line Conditioner/BackUPS/Surge Protector (1 Viewer)

nickMahler

Agent
hey guys i have looking at some things on the Dell.com website for a Line Conditioner/BackUPS/Surge Protector for my sharp lcd projector. do i need a BackUPS system or will a good surge protector line conditioner work like a belkin/monster/tripplite work? im looking at SP with the most joules. i would also like something for my pioneer elite reciever/dvd player/comcast HDDVR/Sony Subamp. would a surge protector or line conditioner be enough for these components? do you think there will be a big difference with line conditioner installed? thanks in advance

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
What are you trying to do? Dallas power isn't so bad that you really need anything except a surge protector on the off chance of a lightning strike, at least tha last time I was there. Admittedly it's been a few weeks, but...
Now, if you have one of these situations where the power cuts out for a few seconds at random intervals [that happened to us last year; TXU finally came out and trimmed all the trees away from the overhead lines] I could see it.

nickMahler

Agent
what i was trying to do was make sure my projector had power for a shutdown in case of a power outage and a good surge protector. i went with the TrippLite SmartUPS system for home theater. we have FEC electric out here so we dont have many problems with outages but we do have some brownouts every once in awhile and its already killed one $600 bulb :frowning:, luckily i got reimbursed from bestbuy via my warranty. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.