What's new

Line 6 Vetta II Owners: New Firmware Upgrade Available (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
For those guitar players out there who use the Line 6 Vetta II amp (either combo or head version) there is a free upgrade available through Line 6. Firmware v2.5 offers, among other things, the following new goodies:
  • Six (6) new amp models, including Orange and Dumble
  • Seven (7) wah models in addition to one that you can customize (heel, toe, Q)
  • A whammy effect called the Bender
  • Solo boost function
  • A ducking delay based on the t.c. electronic 2290
  • Fletcher-Munsen loudness curve

More details plus installation instructions can be found at Vettaville. Make sure you download the latest versions of Line6 Edit (v3) and Monkey (v1.12) from Line 6 first. You'll need Edit to backup your patches (earlier versions will work but you'll need v3 to drop them back into v2.5 on the Vetta), and Monkey will manage the firmware installation process. Here is the Line 6 software page (just indicate Vetta combo or head in the pulldown). You can download the addendum to the Vetta manual here.

If you don't already have a MIDI interface for connecting your Vetta to your computer the M-Audio USB Uno is very popular among Vetta users and works perfectly. Just be sure to connect it directly to your computer without a USB hub (something about the Line 6 software doesn't like them).

I've only started playing around with the new features but the wahs alone are worth your time. Even if you don't like the new models at least you get to customize your own, unlike the original (which is still there by the way). That Line 6 listened to the feedback on the internet and actually implemented these changes - free of charge mind you - speaks very highly of the company in terms of their regard for the customer. Well done, Line 6. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Have Line 6 fixed the switching delay when changing programs? I tried out one of their heads several years ago but found it unusable due to the amount of time it took to switch presets.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Hey Jeff

Depends on what you refer to as a delay. I'd say the new patch is up and running now in say half a second, if that.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If there is any noticible delay at all, it is too long for what I'm doing. The only way I could use the head I demoed would have been to have two of them and use a mechanical A/B switch to go between them (which is what I do with "regular" amps). I wrote Line 6 about this a long time ago, and there is a way to do it with program buffers, but that would be more expensive to impliment.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Which head was it?

If you're interested in a modelling amp there is another approach. On the Vetta (head or combo) you can run two amps simultaneously in the same patch. You could have two completely different settings like two channels on an amp and switch between them with zero delay. You can assign up to three stomp boxes to either or both amp to keep them separate as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks