What's new

limits....the 60's style (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i am just starting to delve into the "60's" OUTER LIMITS collection. it is wonderful....does anyone have any idea if there will be another installment?...i would like to have them all.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
However, the abbreviated second season of this superior television series—sometimes the best SF stories ever to appear on TV—has not been announced.

I adore this set. While I appreciate the economical approach MGM has taken with this set, I can't help but wonder if the video quality could be improved just a tad.

Don't get me wrong, I love this DVD boxset deliriously, and I am revisting some "old friends" with incredible pleasure. I simply expected slightly crisper video quality. Still, I'm delighted with this set. I watch The Outer Limits every weekend now.

But I want that second season, which includes the single finest made-for-television science-fiction dramatic presentation of all time (and, in my opinion, one of the ten best SF films of all time, regardless of length): "Demon with a Glass Hand," featuring a brilliant, Hugo Award-winning script by Harlan Ellison.

We must have it on DVD.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Jack, I'm with you on "Demon".... it's my all-time Outer Limits favorite. And I'm fully expecting the second season to appear on DVD at some point. Take a look at the spine of your season set one sets: Volume 1! ;)
And for the record, I'm more disturbed by the audio quality so far than that of the video (I've only watched a few episodes so far, though). After the marvellous audio work done on the later Twilight Zone DVDs, this set is something of a step down. Imagine all the distortion we'll hear on those season two Harry Lubin scores....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks