Limited Bass Management on Denon DVM-4800 DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Lee, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

Jan 7, 1998
    While attending CEDIA last week, I went to the Denon booth and listened to brief excerpts of DVD-Audio. They now have a button on the front panel that says, Bass Enhancer. The speaker was not sure how many settings there were. Toshi, the Denon tech present, said there were 4 settings in all. We heard it with and without the enhancement, and the difference was clear. I think this will make a clear argument for better bass management in all DVD-Audio.
    I should have one of these in my house tomorrow, so I will have more to say on this player's video and audio performance. The return to the Genesis chipset is an interesting one...I was told it was a chip availability problem [​IMG].
    Sound InSight Audio Video
    My Home Theater Pics
    My Equipment List
    My DVD Collection
    My LD Collection
  2. Jeremy Hegna

Jeremy Hegna Supporting Actor

Nov 28, 2000
    I look forward to your findings. I have the 2800 right now and enjoy the performance very much...but the 4800 with DVD-A and bass management looks very intriguing as a second piece.
    I love the sound of the DCM-370 with the Burr Brown DACs, so this unit should suffice in the audio listening arena as well as DVD playback.
    Keep us posted