What's new

Lilo & Stich coming in time for the holidays (1 Viewer)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Can't see why they wouldn't release a 2-disc SE. L&S was more successful than Atlantis and 'Groove' and both of them got special treatment.

I understand why they'd want to get this in stores for the holidays, and I'll patiently wait for the SE which will likely come early next year. If they're not released on the same day, I won't see it as a screw job on the SE, but rather as a rush job on the single disc release.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Peter is merely assuming it's a two disc. In his roundup he says
looks like yet another two-disc Disney mega-set
but the actual press release does not present this. Every prior Disney press release for a 2 disc set explicity states that it is as such.

I think the lack of DTS is, like single disc editions before this one, simply something they leave off the single disc.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've had another thought:

Perhaps they're saving the two disc set until they can paste "Academy Award Winning - Best Animated Film 2002" on it?

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I'd be very surprised if it's a 2-disc set and there's no commentary on it. Every Disney Collector's Edition has had at least one audio commentary on it.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll only get a real 2 disc special edition with DTS.

Here's to hoping this isn't the only version Disney will be releasing.

Dan

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be shocked if the directors didn't do a commentary. It was all they could do to NOT talk about the film when I met them. I saw a bit of what you can probably expect in the docus (they show those off at Junkets to the press) and i'm pretty sure I remember there being more than just 20 minutes of behind the scenes.

I'm sure there's a two disc'er around the corner. I'd be shocked as hell if there wasn't.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Can someone confirm the true aspect ratio of Lilo and Stitch? IMDB says it's 1.85:1; however, I doubt it for two reasons.
I just saw a commercial for it and the AR was much closer to 2:1 or 2.2:1.
I also managed to view a not-so-legitmate version recently, and it is very clearly closer to the 2.2:1 range, yet nothing seems to be improperly framed like would be done if what I saw was intentionally soft-matted. I could probably get my hands on a snapshot, but given its source I don't know that the admins would appreciate it. :) Can any projectionists confirm whether a flat or anamorphic lens was used for projection?
Regardless, as long as it's not pan-and-scan only, I'll be buying the DVD anyway, but I just want confirmation beyond IMDB that the AR really is 1.85:1.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
It was projected in US theaters at 1.85:1. It was, like most Disney fare, likely animated at 1.66:1.

-Lyle J.P.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
It was projected in US theaters at 1.85:1. It was, like most Disney fare, likely animated at 1.66:1.
Intriguing. I wonder what's with the extra soft matting on the commercials, particularly considering how much Disney l-o-v-e-s widescreen. {cough} :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks