Lilo & Stich coming in time for the holidays

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Quint van der Vaart, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart Second Unit

Yes people Disney's animated hit Lilo & Stitch will be available on dvd December 03 2002.
    Check out the specs :

Lilo & Stitch will be available in Dolby® 5.1 Surround Sound on Disney DVD for $29.99 (S.R.P.) and on VHS for $24.99 (S.R.P.).

Backed by a multi-million dollar marketing campaign, the DVD and video will also be supported by a massive Hawaiian giveaway, with the opportunity to win 25 trips to Hawaii. Entry forms are found inside the Lilo & Stitch video and DVD product. The DVD & Video will also feature a $3 coupon good towards purchase of the "Lilo & Stitch" soundtrack CD.

The DVD will include loads of bonus features, including:

Deleted Scenes: Found only on the DVD, included are scenes planned for the original film which didn't make the final cut, presented in various stages of animation: "Stitch's Trial," "Bedtime Story" and "Gantu Challenges."

InterSTITCHals -- The Teaser Trailers: These are the four outrageous teaser trailers seen by audiences when "Lilo & Stitch" ran in theaters. They feature Stitch as he comically elbows his way into parts of Disney's "Beauty & The Beast," "Aladdin," "The Little Mermaid," and "The Lion King."

New InterSTITCHals! A Stitch In Time: Follow Stitch Through The Disney Years: Featuring all-new "InterSTITCHals," created exclusively for home entertainment! Believe it or not, Stitch has been trying to break into films for years. In this piece you will see all of the previous movies Stitch tries hilariously to be a part of, as he interrupts such classics as: "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs," "Lady & The Tramp," "101 Dalmatians" and more...

"Burning Love" -- Behind The Scenes With Wynonna: Meet country star Wynonna, hear her sing and hear what she has to say about Elvis, his songs, and Lilo.

"I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" Music Video Performed By A*Teens

Create Your Own Alien Experiment Game: Jumba has three new aliens he wants to create, but it seems the Galactic Alliance has destroyed his documents. Can you help? Answer trivia questions and mix the potions in the correct order and you can create your own aliens.

DisneyPedia: Hawaii -- The Islands Of Aloha: Explore the fascinating world of the Hawaiian Islands with your hosts Lilo & Nani. Packed with interesting facts, this fun-filled program offers up all six of the Hawaiian Islands. Two viewing options allow you to explore individual topics at your own pace or watch all ten in one continuous program.

Hula Lesson: Learn the ancient art of hula for yourself with this featurette. Hosted by Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu, a real life Hula Master.

Young Voices Of Hawaii: A look at the Kamehameha School Children's Chorus recording the Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride & He Mele No Lilo in the film.

The Look of "Lilo and Stitch" (the unique rounded look): Chris Sanders, one of the film's directors, had a specific style in mind when he pitched the movie. He likes a rounded look with no hard edges. Throughout the film you'll see everything is rounded.

Animating The Hula: A featurette on how the filmmakers researched the hula, including a look at a real Hawaiian hula school & master. A great mix of live action footage, pencil animation & final animation.

On Location With The Directors: A 20 minute documentary utilizing footage shot by the producers of the film. This is a fly-on-the-wall look at the filmmakers' experiences.

end.

There is no word of a possible Collector's Edition but I think it will come as well.

Greetz,

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

I don't doubt a CE will come, but I do doubt that it will probably come this side of Christmas. I could see it coming early next year.

Dan

3. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

Here's the cover art:
    [​IMG]

4. Anthony Liz

Anthony Liz Stunt Coordinator

oops, beat me to it, hehe.

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I'm surprised and a bit disappointed that Disney is going to do two separate releases and at separate times on this one. The way they're releasing Monsters Inc. (one release, a 2-disc CE with $29.99 SRP) is perfect. Interesting to see they're rushing to get this one out before Christmas, with the major releases they already have planned for the holidays (Monsters Inc, Beauty and the Beast PE, Walt Disney Treasures).

6. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Disney has NOT been faithful to OAR on their newer DVD releases. With the L&S DVD be OAR? I didn't see anything in the description to confirm or deny this. If this is not OAR, I am not sure if I'll buy it.

7. Quint van der Vaart

Quint van der Vaart Second Unit

If a Collector's Edition does not come at the same time as this release than it would realy suck.
    As with their latest releases Monster's Inc. , Atlantis , Emperor's New Groove and Dinosaur both 1 and 2 disc set's were released at the same time.
    Disney should release them at the same time but like Dan said it will be most unlikely and will probably be released in January or Febuary 2003.

Atlantis 1-disc set has been both widescreen and pan&scan so Lilo & Stitch will also have both.
    What is missing is the dts track which will probably be on the Collector's Edition.

Let's hope they will do two releases when Treasure Planet is released next year.

8. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

9. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

As is Return to Never Land. The only new films that get the P&S treatment are live-action family films that are deemed to have "limited appeal" to people over the age of 12. Max Keeble and Snow Dogs both fell victim to that line of thinking.
    The catalogue releases are another story, but in terms of animated films, Disney has always been faithful to OAR. Lilo & Stitch will be widescreen.
    By the way, those InterSTITCHals sound cool. [​IMG]

10. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

My reasoning for a CE earler next year is perhaps Disney's fears of flooding the market with CEs this Christmas. They'll be wanting to push Beauty and the Beast and Monsters Inc so I actually think a wait for a CE on Lilo & Stitch is a rather wise move on their part...

Dan

11. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

I thought this was the best Disney movie in years, so I'm quite eager for the DVD release. This will definitely find a home under our tree this year. Every time we hit the mall, I insist on going into the Disney store to watch the InterSTITCHals they have running there almost non-stop. I think I'm the only one in the family who still gets such a kick out of them, and I'm really looking forward to the new ones. I'd love to see one where he tries to break into Steamboat Willie.

12. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

Santa will be flinging one of these down the chimney for my daughter. She's "funny, sassy, and original" too! [​IMG]

13. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I'm all over any OAR release of Lilo and Stitch, but I do hope for a 2 disc CE. I hope it day and dates, but unlike Tarzan, I won't be waiting for it. I'll just have to double dip.

I know it only encourages such a pattern, but I LOVE Stitch!

I've already written to Disney (via their website) begging for a CE.

14. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

15. PaulP

PaulP Producer

This hasn't been officially announced yet, right? If so, then perhaps the 2-disc CE will be announced then. It would be a bad idea for Disney to release the 2-disc version unannounced. We should be made aware that the CE will be made available, even if it's at a later date.

16. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

17. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

It HAS NOT BEEN P&SD!!!!!!!
    Disney animates nearly all of their current features at 1.66. This excludes Atlantis and a handful of others.
    Return to Neverland is OAR at 1.66. This has been debated, and if you see a Disney film at 1.66 it is OAR. US theaters matte these films to 1.85.
    also, should anyone want to petition disney for a day-and-date CE for Lilo and Stitch, send them a note at [email protected] .
    There has also been a phone number floating around for customer service that I'll try to dig up. I have to send them my regular email about how sad I am that I can't buy Muppet movies from them...

18. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Also, from the specs posted, there doesn't appear to be a commentary track. Commentaries are my favorite extra feature (followed closely by deleted scenes). Disney's previous SEs and CEs all had some sort of commentary, even the older titles, like Peter Pan and Dumbo. I think commentaries are an invaluable feature and should be included whenever possible. Seeing how every new Disney animated feature since Tarzan received the 2-disc treatment, it just seems unlikely that Disney would not do this for one of their best animated features ever (well, top ten, definitely). I really hope an announcement of sorts will be made that the "regular" edition will be follwed by a 2-disc CE in January. Please?

19. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Yep, I will buy this sight unseen as well as Monsters Inc which I have not seen. Bring them on.

20. JenaroM

JenaroM Stunt Coordinator

I'm also hoping for the 2-disc collector's edition. I also hope that Disney includes a spanish language track. I personally prefer to watch movies in their original language, but my 3 year old daughter would appreciate it.