Lilo and Stitch SE out in Australia

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Runar_R, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Runar_R

Runar_R Second Unit

I stumbled over this one. Haven't heard a word about this coming out. I can't be the only one waiting for it?
    Anyhow, it sounds like a good release:
    DTS
    Commentary
    A 2-hour making-of documentary(!)

[​IMG]

Review here

2. Mark Anthony

Mark Anthony Second Unit

I've got it, it's excellent! V thorough making of documentary, most if not all the supplements from the previous edition and great picture/sound quality - and DTS!

M

3. Moz

Moz Agent

It's too bad that's only for frenchies, but here in France, we'got almost every DISNEY with a DTS track (in french) !
    It goes from great to fabulous...
    I heard and saw BAMBI, two days ago in DTS (french)... [​IMG]
    Remastering of the image is just UNREAL [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Yeah, too bad the French version with the DTS track isn't in the original English!

If the movie were originally in French and the DTS track was only in English, I'd be pissed.

Dan

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

Yeah, too bad the French version with the DTS track isn't in the original English!

...but... but... but... it is a DVD made for the French-language market - meaning France, the French-speaking parts of Belgium and Switzerland, the Princedom of Monaco, Tahiti, and a few other French possessions... why would they make an English-language DTS track...?... he asked, innocently...

. . . [​IMG] . . .

6. Dan Hitchman

Dan Hitchman Cinematographer

Hope you're being sarcastic, Hendrik... [​IMG]

Dan

7. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...no, I'm not... we're talking Disney here (= mainly for kids!)... do you really expect a French 5-year old to read French subtitles...?...

...and, anyway, "Bambi" has an early nineteen-forties (1942, to be exact) MONO soundtrack, souped up for pseudo 3D-Stereo, in -take a deep breath now- DTS... WOW!!!

. . . [​IMG] . . .

8. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

we're talking Disney here (= mainly for kids!)...

You mean mainly for families (at least this was true until the Eisner era and the Direct-to-Video made for toddler cheapquel garbage). Bambi is no more a kids' film than The Incredibles or Princess Mononoke. I personally don't think 5 year olds have any business watching Bambi, due to the implied violence and subject matter. Maybe 7 and up, but I'd think twice before showing it to a toddler. Like Ebert wrote in his review, some young people just aren't going to be ready for it.

9. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...well, then: do you really expect a seven-year old French kid to read subtitles...?...(in a country where the vast majority of people watch ONLY the dubbed version of any non-French movie)...?... (ditto for Germany, and Italy, and Spain, countries where the vast majority of moviegoers watch 'imported' movies in the version that has been dubbed into 'their' particular language)

. . . [​IMG] . . .