Lilo and Stitch...in December?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck L, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

According to Widescreen magazine...this Disney fave (okay, maybe mine) is to arrive on DVD on December 20th. Anyone have anything firm as to whether or not this is true, or is it simply to 'close' to Christmas to really take as serious...(Crossing my fingers though that this is the case!)

2. Jose Q

Jose Q Stunt Coordinator

There was a thread recently that posted a list with a bunch of release dates and, coincidentally, there was a December release date for Lilo and Stitch.

I hope they make it a 2-Disc all-out collector's edition as Disney has been doing for most of their recent releases.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Odd; usually Disney doesn't release their summer animated feature until around February. I'm not sure why this has been the case, other than that these movies traditionally hang around playing matinees and second-run houses for a loooooooooong time. But, since it seems other studios are finally figuring out how to make and market animated features, that may not be the case any more.

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I was planning on this one hitting in February, but I suppose they could bring Treasure Planet out in February instead. I'm already ready to pick up a 2 disc super special edition of Lilo and Stitch. DTS, Features, Anamorphic Widescreen Stitch!

They may also be fast tracking this one as they want a DTV sequel out before beginning an animated series in 2003.

5. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer