What's new

Lilo and Stitch...in December? (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
According to Widescreen magazine...this Disney fave (okay, maybe mine) is to arrive on DVD on December 20th. Anyone have anything firm as to whether or not this is true, or is it simply to 'close' to Christmas to really take as serious...(Crossing my fingers though that this is the case!)

Jose Q

Stunt Coordinator
There was a thread recently that posted a list with a bunch of release dates and, coincidentally, there was a December release date for Lilo and Stitch.

I hope they make it a 2-Disc all-out collector's edition as Disney has been doing for most of their recent releases.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Odd; usually Disney doesn't release their summer animated feature until around February. I'm not sure why this has been the case, other than that these movies traditionally hang around playing matinees and second-run houses for a loooooooooong time. But, since it seems other studios are finally figuring out how to make and market animated features, that may not be the case any more.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I was planning on this one hitting in February, but I suppose they could bring Treasure Planet out in February instead. I'm already ready to pick up a 2 disc super special edition of Lilo and Stitch. DTS, Features, Anamorphic Widescreen Stitch!

They may also be fast tracking this one as they want a DTV sequel out before beginning an animated series in 2003.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I was planning on this one hitting in February, but I suppose they could bring Treasure Planet out in February instead.
Three months after the theatrical release? That's rare for ANY movie, much less an animated Disney feature.

Could be wrong, but I'd be shocked if Lilo hit before January or February 2003 at the earliest. That's Disney's MO, and the fact it's a hit makes a difference, too. Why in the world would they a) want it compete for holiday dollars with BATB and Monsters Inc. AND only have a few pre-Christmas shopping days available? I really doubt they'd put this thing on the shelves 12/20 - that makes very little sense. 11/20 (or thereabouts) I'd accept, but not a month after that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks