What's new

Likelihood of new shows coming to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Michael_Sim

Auditioning
I'm aware that it's probably too early to say, but with the current TV season underway, and many of the new shows come and gone, what do you think is the likelihood of some of the new shows making to DVDs next year? Shows like Smith, The Nine, Vanished, Runaway and Kidnapped, which are either cancelled already or most likely to be?

As you can see, I'm rather keen on many of the serialized shows but hate to be left in the lurge halfway through the story!

I'm guessing Heroes and Jericho would most likely be candidates for DVD sets if they survive to a 2nd season?

Michael

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Heroes is pretty much a given, definately tailor-made for DVD. Wouldn't be too surprised if we see Brothers And Sisters considering it's BV and ABC already gave it a full season order.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If Buena Vista released The Night Stalker, I would think they will release The Nine as well. It won't sell great but they'll release it because its serialized story is made for DVD.

And like Jay said, Heroes is definitely coming out on DVD.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I've been wondering that myself. I would love to see "Jericho" get a DVD release. The series has a full-season commitment (22 episodes), and CBS Paramount owns the DVD rights to that one. I don't know if we'll see it on DVD, but I hope so. I would also like to see "Friday Night Lights" starring Kyle Chandler, but with the series struggling so much and Kyle Chandler not exactly being a household name, we probably won't see it. NBC Universal I believe owns that one.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Another definite newbie for a DVD release is Ugly Betty. And don't be surprised if those new "limited soaps" Desire and Fashion House will get their own boxed sets- after all, they were made cheaply, and may get bigger profits when they're sold as DVDs!

RomanSohor

Second Unit
I would assume that any show with unaired new episodes would be a fairly obvious candidate for a DVD release... or rather "dump", probably a relatively bare-bones release with all the episodes, including the unaired ones, so that fans can pay to see them.

LCD22

Screenwriter
The Stanley Tucci/CBS medical drama, "3 Lbs.", has been canceled (and they've also pulled next week's special airing at 9PM). They mentioned that eight episodes were filmed (three so far have aired). I hope CBS Paramount will release this on DVD (unless CBS burns the remaining episodes, like on their Innertube).

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'm still hoping for Out of Practice from last season on DVD. I think it should sale well but I also think it should still be on. Is there any chance of this modern classic on DVD?

Of the new shows this season not mentioned, I think Day Break an obvious choice.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I would definately pick up Dexter (which likely will come out since it's Showtime) and Brothers And Sisters (which I say has a 50/50 shot of coming out, seems like ABC has been great getting their newer dramas out on DVD). I was liking Ugly Betty at first but the novelty of it got old really fast to me

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I would probably buy Jericho, Heroes and Friday Night Lights if they came out on DVD, but i have a confession to make. I have not watched ANY of the new shows that have come out this season. I have better things to do than endure 20 Minutes of Commercials, Promos and News Breaks per hour! :frowning:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I would think B/S has a much better than 50/50 shot to come out next September, right along with Lost, Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy S3. I'd put the odds up to 90% chance it's coming out. I'd even bank on a late August/September release time frame to coincide with S2 (that is, if the show gets a S2).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I don't know about any current shows, but I am still waiting for Seasons 2 and 3 of American Dreams to come out on DVD. I don't know if that is going to happen, though.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

yea, to me it's if we see a season 2 or not... but then, we did see Commander In Chief, and that didn't get renewed, so who knows. I hope B&S is given a few seasons at least, it could be a great drama

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
As a comedy fan, I enjoy The Class which hasn't gotten great ratings so if it gets cancelled or not, I am hoping for a DVD release.

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping for The Game, which is a spinoff of Girlfriends. Since it's the CW, I'm sure it's not doing fantasically in the ratings, but it was picked up for a full season. With Girlfriends coming out on DVD soon, I'm hoping they'll consider The Game as well.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Well, since I'm a fan of ``Heroes'' and have watched every episode this season so far, as well as ``Jericho,'' I'd love to see both of those come out on DVD, as well as get picked up for their second seasons. As for the promos and commercial breaks, I just flip away between commercials or go get something to drink or eat. Very rarely, I'll watch a DVD in between commercials or play my PS2.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

P.S. Would be interested in seeing ``Six Degrees'' and ``The Nine'' but I wouldn't buy them right out of the gate. I'd wait until they went on sale after their release, if they do make it to DVD.

LCD22

Screenwriter
In case we don't see this on DVD, Amazon has "3lbs" up on their Amazon Unbox including the five unaired broadcast episodes. They're all $1.99 each.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I definitely think Heroes, Jericho, Ugly Betty and Studio 60 will come out on DVD. I'd be very surprised if they didn't. I'm pretty sure that Brothers & Sisters, 30 Rock, Shark and Friday Night Lights will as well.

I know Kidnapped is coming in March. I'm excited; I wanted to wait until it was released on DVD to watch it. It's too bad it was cancelled, sounds like it had an awesome cast.

I would like to see Smith, Vanished, The Nine, Runaway, Men In Trees, Knights Of Prosperity, Dirt, Saved, Eureka and Three Moons Over Milford released on DVD as well.

I think we might see half of those that I mentioned released sometime this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks