What's new

Like a kid at Xmas! (1 Viewer)

Peter F.

Auditioning
I need to go to bed now, so that it'll be tomorrow sooner. My newest baby, the BenQ 8700+ should be here tomorrow. Coming from an X1, and watching a lot of HD, my expectations are high. I just can't wait.

Peter

Peter F.

Auditioning
I need to go to bed now, so that it'll be tomorrow sooner. My newest baby, the BenQ 8700+ should be here tomorrow. Coming from an X1, and watching a lot of HD, my expectations are high. I just can't wait.

Peter

Peter F.

Auditioning
Neil, there was a 10 minute interlude with a Panasonic AE500, but the vertical banding was so bad even after the flicker tweak that my girlfriend refused to watch anything on the projector. After a five week ordeal with Panasonic Canada Service, they came back saying that the projector was within specifications. They offered a refund and I took it!

Peter

P.S. FedEx just called and the 8700+ will be here this morning!!!

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Saw that projector at the "Canuck Shootout" a coupla months ago and it was fantastic.

Bren

Peter F.

Auditioning
I was at the Canuck shootout as well, and was very impressed by the 8700 and the Carada 1.4 white screen combo. I am deciding now as to size. I've got a 92" Digital Gray Lite Goo screen now and will probably go to 104" or 110" Carada.

Peter

Peter F.

Auditioning
I've spent about 2 hrs with the machine, and I have to say I am very happy. HD pops off the screen with vibrance and detail. Colours look good, absolutely no major complaints.

Now I can't wait to get the 104" Carada Brilliant White screen.

X1 to 8700+
92" Gray Goo Lite to 104" Carada 1.4
Throw in the Momitsu V880 DVI I just got last month and...

I'M IN HT HEAVEN!!!

SteveFred

Stunt Coordinator
Congrats on the new projector.

I think we all have a kid inside us, that's what makes life fun :)

I cant wait to start my HT, but my Home isn't done being built yet, LOLOL...

Steve

Peter F.

Auditioning
I watched CSI and ER in HD, as well as Northshore on Fox in 480p last night. What a difference HD is on the 8700+. I think I was fooling myself that I wasn't missing much with the X1 when it came to HD. Fox 480p used to look as good as 720p or 1080i on the X1, now 480p is a noticable step down in detail, color etc.

I think I'm in love!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks