What's new

Lightning fried part of my HT last night (1 Viewer)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Well.. more too your point of quesion... couple years ago..my house was hit by ligtning..put a hole near 2nd story window. I lost my mits 45", my zenith27", my fax, alarm,2 picts that fell off wall, all my phones and some cheap surge protectors... be glad your house did not catch on fire....

My insurance covered everything..even the picture frames.. I was in good hands with allstate...actualy..we upgraded everything...so it was just more of a hassle than anything else...

we sold house couple years ago...and even with lighning rods the insurance folks had installed...house got hit again...go figure...

good luck..sorry to hear aobout it..

thomas a.

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
crissy, sorry about your hassle...for the future, I'm impressed with the idea of utility co. aftermarket surge suppressor PLUS wall outlet surge suppressors (some people cascade a Brickwall (not supposed to blow out) and Panamax style (with sacrificial MOVs).

anyway, it sounds like you may not have contacted the surge unit manufacturer yet? It certainly would be instructive, altho you still will be dealing with HO insurance co.

It appears your Integra is the costliest thing damaged.

It's uncertain in that my surge unit maker (Belkin) provides "repair or replace...at fair market value" so I am not sure if that covers brand-new-cost-from-the-store replacement. If not then I guess I wud ask HO insurance (less deductible) to make up the difference...what a hassle this wud be! let us know how this turns out for you....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks