What's new

Lightning fried my Denon (1 Viewer)

David Cohn

Grip
Since this is obviously not a warranted event, I took my < one year old Denon 1801 to a reputable electronics repair shop.
They were able to fix my Sony TV but the Denon is apparently fried - cost of repair is not worth it. Not worth making a homeowner's insurance claim, either.
My question is this: is there anyway I can sell the unit? Salvage, for example? Would Denon or a parts supplier be interested in taking this off my hands.
Would rather not dump it in the trash.
Thanks in advance.

KyleS

Screenwriter
I am afraid that if an electronics store will not fix it because it would cost too much then no one would want to buy it. As I see it you have 2 options 1) you could donate it to GoodWill for a tax deduction or 2) you could see if the electronics store would buy it since they could fix it without labor and then resell it possibly. Best of luck and now you have a new excuse to get a new receiver.
KyleS

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
did you not have it plugged into a surge protector? i think that's a HUGE part of HT...protecting your equipment from surges. i am a college student and personally own an APC power surge protector with ~$5000 of insurance. my entire HT as well as my computer is plugged into it. i say before buying anything else, spend $50 on a decent protector. as you now know, stuff like this DOES happen.
frown.gif

------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks