Lighting Question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Gordon Parr, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Gordon Parr

Gordon Parr Auditioning

Well...I am to that point now where the electrician comes in tomorrow!!!

I am looking for some help regarding my lighting situation. This will not be a difficult answer I am sure, however I just have a short turn around time in which I am enlisting some quick help from you guys (ladies as well!)

In my main room I am having 4 canned lights. All I want to do with these lights is to be able to dim to say 10% and raise to 100%. The problem...I do not have a direct view from my seat to the light switch. As you come into the room the you will have to reach around the door and flip the "switch". I do not need an elaborate Grafic Eye system however, I just need something that I can bounce a signal off the wall to the IR switch on the wall.

Any help here?

Thanks!

Gordon Parr

2. Chip_Slattery

Chip_Slattery Stunt Coordinator

Gordon,

If all four of your cans will be controlled together and you only need to control them from a single location you can probably get by with a Lutron Spacer dimmer:

Lutron Spacer

If you need something a bit more involved but not as elaborate as the Grafik Eye you could take a look at the Lutron Spacer "System":

Lutron Spacer System

3. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

4. Gordon Parr

Gordon Parr Auditioning

Thanks for the info...my electrician has never done this before so I want to somehow know what I want and how HE should install it!!!

I am looking for only one dimmer to control 4 lights in the room. So I think the Lutron Spacer would work just fine.

If I installed the IR reciever in the front of the room, how do I get the signal back to the switch?

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

Gordon

5. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

6. Gordon Parr

Gordon Parr Auditioning

Mike,

Thanks for the link!!!

My electrician knew exactly what I want now from looking at the diagram...I guess I can't describe things as good as I had thought!!!

Hopefully everything will work after insulation and drywall!!