What's new

Lighting control (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I took a day course on a similar but alternative to x-10. I don't know how much help I could be but they are kind of user friendly if your using your exsisting wiring. If your going with a hardwired system it is considerly more expensive but can offer a higher level of reliability.

The wired in systems I'm not familar with but x-10 type systems use a 120khz signal down your power lines to comunicate that is rather effective. You then replace your wall switches with the smart home switches. They have the abilty to control your lighting by communicating with each other and program using the prefered touchscreen remote. You can control other lights from adjcent rooms, set up lighting scenes that activate with a push of a button. You can set brightness and how long each light takes to come on and turn off and assign groups of lights to come on and turn off even on certain times. there is also a computer interface. The switches are essentially assigned site codes ie. A6 and the system now knows that light as such.

steve stockwood

Auditioning
Is this system reliable and user friendly? I am doing this for a good friend of mine, but he is relatively new to this kind of technology. Do you have the option of touch screens over traditional remotes? Can you operate other devices than just lights? Is there a site that I can look at this product?

Steve

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Steve,

I forgot to add that these remotes plug into the wall. there are two types one is a SOB to program then there is the touchscreen which can also be progammed as a timer. You can control other devices that plug into the wall but are limited to 10amps. There are also infared repeters for controlling stereo functions, etc. And most Hvac and alarms can also be used in conjunction with it as well. I have a stack of papers somewhere with info and the website I'll post the website for you.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I run an X-10 IR543 InfraRed to X10 Converter and I have a
Phillips Pronto Pro set up with Lighting Macro's that I
put together. I run Lamp Modules at all of my lights and
come movie time I just hit one button and the lights turn
off and then the correct "movie" lights come on and dim to
the leven I selected in the macro (every time..).

I love it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks