What's new

Light kit for GBA goes on sale today (1 Viewer)

Joe michaels

Second Unit
I know some of you were interested in this. I am too but the cost of $35 and $7 for shipping AND the instructions for installation all seem just a bit much. Anyhoo- The kit goes on sale at 1:00 central time.
Link Removed

Camp

Senior HTF Member
They're only taking pre-orders at this point.
Still, I'll be there at 1:PM when it starts. :)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
They're even arranging it so that people outside of the US can get kits-glad that someone thought of that! Looking forward to seing this thing in action.

Leroy

Second Unit
Have you guys checked out the video of the "Afterburner" in action. Yikes!! What a HUGE difference:emoji_thumbsup:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
If you can, get a quantitiy discount. I'm ordering five. Two for me, and three for other people in my office. You get an 8% discount for five, more of a discount when ordering more. Check the FAQ.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Looks like they're gettin' hammered. Can't get the website to even pull up right now.

This is both a good and bad thing, I think. Good because there's lots of demand. Bad because I'm afraid they'll get overwhelmed and actually getting the things ordered and mailed out will become a marathon waiting game...

Hope they anticipated this...

James D S

Screenwriter
I hear you, Joel. I'm getting the same thing when I try to jump in. Hope it irons out fine... :frowning:

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who wants to see what this thing looks like in conditions other than complete darkness? Personally, I think that some of the images look a little washed out, and would like to see a side by side comparisson of the modded and unmodded units in full light before I buy. That being said though, I'm sure that there'll be enough reviews of it up here after it ships to answer any questions I might have...

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
From the FAQ:
How does the kit work in daylight?

It works perfectly, even with the light on. With the light off, the screen looks like it normally does without the kit installed. When the light is on, the external light "assists" the internal light in illuminating the screen.
So you can turn it off if you want, and should look just peachy in normal light. The light is also variable so you can adjust it to your tastes.

-Dave

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Well, from what I understand, the install is simply affix light screen on GBA, solder power connections for it, and if you want mount a switch on it. Personally, if it looks good (i.e. not washed out) in light, I'd be liable to leave the thing on all the time and not try to get a switch on there. No idea how you'd mount one anyhow...

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Geez...I finally got my preorder in! They're doing well for themselves, I take it.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I just purcased my first soldering kit to make some audio cables. I had no idea what I was doing and it wasn't difficult at all. I could see how very fine detail work would be hard but I'm confident I won't totally destroy my GBA.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
No way would I buy this. Not without being able to read the directions first (are they posted on the site?) And determining for myself if I have the time or the ability to do the install. Come on Nintendo! Put out a SGBA (Super Game Boy Advance) with a light.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks