What's new

Light behind TV? (1 Viewer)

JayB

Grip
I keep reading that I need to put a light behind my TV to eliminate eye fatigure in a dark room when watching movies. What light do I use? Are ther special home theater lights? Why do I recall something about a gray light?
thanks

JoelW

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed on Ron P's The Green Room website, that he has a light behind his television. You might shoot him an email and ask him what his thoughts are on this.
I don't have the website handy, but go look up one of his posts, its in his signature.
------------------
Joel White
Editor CheapHomeTheater.com

Scott H

Supporting Actor
It's referred to as bias lighting. If you search for 'bias' you should find what you want
wink.gif

------------------
My DVD Library

Steve Landrum

Auditioning
I use a Halogen MR15 uplight with a reastat, sitting behind my center channel speaker, that I can dim to what ever the room requires. I bought the whole system at the Hardware store for about 35.00 dollars
------------------

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I seem to remember people saying those good ol' trusty "tap lights" you can get at Home Depot for a few bucks work well too......

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I bought a G.E. flourescent fixture for about $15 that has a small warm white fouorescent tube in it. Low wattage, about 15 I believe and it works great.

Mike Voigt

Supporting Actor
Small fluorescent behind TV. Works great. Came from local hardware shop. Get a 6500K tube if you do this.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks