Light at the end of the tunnel!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Mollura, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Joe Mollura

Joe Mollura Stunt Coordinator

After 3 months of no HT because of a flood in my apartment I am finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everything will be completed next Sat and I will finally have my HT (not to mention my apartment[​IMG]) back. I made a couple of chages and just wanted to get some opinions. I still didn't p/u my mains so I can still change my mind.
    Rotel 1095/1066
    Marantz 4000 OSE CD player
    Sony NC 650V DVD/SACD changer
    Panamax 5100
    Sub SVS 25-31 PC+ (should be shipping soon) replaced Paradigm PDR 12
    3 B&W LCR6S2
    Mains- Had B&W 604s2-I was going to go for 604s3, but the CDM lines just sounds to good to pass up. It came down between the 9 and 7's. I think I'm going with the 7's since I think the SVS will pick up any slack in the bass department. I thought the LCR6s2 would be a bad timbre match in the center, but after some careful listening I don't think it's to noticeable, especially with movies.
    If anyone has any thoughts or opinions I love to hear them, and thanks to everyone that responded to my ?'s during these 3 months [​IMG]

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I'd say you're investing a lot of money into the amp/processing compared to the mains. I just think the Rotel combo calls out for something more along the B&W 800 series.

If budget doesn't allow that, I'd consider just getting a good receiver to go with some 800s.

3. Joe Mollura

Joe Mollura Stunt Coordinator

Well as usual I went over my budget[​IMG]! I went in to order my CDM 7's and to make a long story short ended up with a great deal on the 9's(great price plus a credit on a used sub). So, I may be a little poorer but man I can't wait to hear my Rotel/B&W/SVS combo roar[​IMG] Hopefully everything will be in by next Sat[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]