What's new

Lifelock - Anyone Using It? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We've been a victim of identify theft at least once in the last 10 years. I've got a snail mail promo to sign of for it for $10 a month. Anyone on the forum using it? Or do you have an opinion on the value of such a service? I notice one their claims "protects against man of the most serious types of identify theft." has an asterisk which says "Not all transactions are covered by the network and scope may vary." The $10 refers to standard theft protection only, so I guess they've got various levels of service, but don't they all.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
You may just want to look at putting a "credit freeze" on your account.

http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/ask/archive/2008/q0306.htm

-Keith

Scott1978

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott Howard
I'm not using Lifelock, but you can compare a bunch of idenity theft protection companies here: http://www.consumerproductadvisor.com

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
If you are a Costco member they offer "Identity Guard" which I am currently looking at signing up for. You can get the details by going to Costco's main site and clicking on Services at the top middle and then clicking on Identity Protection under the Consumer Services column.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I don't like credit monitoring, because that's all it does is monitor your credit bureau. What if someone files a tax return with your SSN? Just happened to a friend. What if someone runs up a ton of medical bills in your name? Lifelock is going to do anything for you. I used ID theft insurance from Zander insurance. If anything happens, they take care of it. I call them and say, "You have a problem. Someone opened an account in my name." and they take care of everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks