Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
huh?

what did i miss?
i thought i saw every ep last year
now they have a baby and the daughter has vanished.

wha' happened?

also it seems to have turned more into a typical average sitcom.
especially with the annoying friend moving in lot line.

i don't likethe kid next door either.

i hope this is only one ep.

the show needs more of the live bonnie show and less of the at home show.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
This is weird, but I checked the "Life With Bonnie" Web site and the daughter is gone from all the photos and the cast bio section. If anybody has any idea of what happened to her I'd like to hear it. I thought she was a bright, funny young actress without being annoying at all.

There has always been ababy on the show, but you didn't see him much. He's older now, plus it looks like they're ramping up the irritating neighbor kid to fill the void left by the missing daughter. I would have preferred they recast the daughter instead.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
tonight's ep was mostly at the tv show set, much funnier then the last few weeks but why is david alan grier still living in the house?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The daughter went the way of Chuck Cunningham. Ken is right. The baby was always there.

I miss Johnny Volcano!

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I have to say that I find this show terribly unfunny and only bothered to watch 2 episodes. It's so stiff and predictable. In my opinion, Seinfeld was the last great sitcom.

Ken Seeber

Supporting Actor
I liked this show quite a bit last season, but this year it's seriously off its game. I don't know if it was network tinkering or if there was a mass staff exodus because people can't get along with Bonnie Hunt (notice how she directs all the episodes and they're all written by Hunt and her husband).

Besides the daughter leaving, the neighbor kid is annoying, David Allen Grier moving in is a forced attempt at wackiness, the cleaning lady is getting weirder and too much time is being spent with the family instead of the morning show.

I've pretty much given up on it, but I'd still like to know what happened to the daughter.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I have to say that I find this show terribly unfunny and only bothered to watch 2 episodes.
Same here. I think Hunt and the rest of the cast are terrific, but the show is really lacking strong direction and consistent writing. Hunt's debut as a director, Return to Me, was a wonderful film, and it shows she can write some material.

When I've bothered watching the show, it's felt too much like an indulgence of the stars, rather than them trying to produce a show that's accessible and enjoyable to the audience. I read somewhere that most of season 1 was ad libbed, and it showed.

I also can't stand that all the "characters" share the same name (or at least the same first name) as the actors that portray them. Nitpicking, I know, but for me, it really takes away from the buying into the show's established world.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I read somewhere that most of season 1 was ad libbed, and it showed.
it was, you could tell. this is why i liked the first season more, the add libbing was what made it funny, for me.

the daughter was very good and was a better actor then the boy.
i bet she wanted too much money, too bad.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
I think it was mostly the "On Air" segments that were ad-libbed and I also thought those were the best moments. Occasionally it actually felt like a real live TV program which also brought in the element of unpredictability. Bonnie Hunt is a gifted improviser with excellent timing, but that talent is wasted in the predictable pre-scripted home scenes. I really dislike the cleaning lady character and any time whatsoever spent on her completely loses my interest in the show...

Shame. I hope Bonnie Hunt finds a better vehicle some day.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I watch the ad lib stuff and fast forward through the rest, it's too painful to watch. This year it's been almost all fast forwarding. :thumbsdown:

Rob

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Just another gripe--

Has anyone else noticed how LOUD the laugh track is on this show? It's the biggest reason I won't watch - I've had a very hard time hearing the dialogue because the "audience" laughter is too loud. Very intrusive, and very fake-sounding. It may be real laughter, unsweetened (but I doubt it)- even if it is, I still find that it takes away from the show and actors.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Although I really enjoy the show, it does have a kind of amateur feeling to it. The scripts, while funny, feel like a sketch comedy show. The actors are obviously allowed to improvise, which is often very obvious (they tend to lose character when another is improvising). The direction is also very loose.

It feels like more of a syndicated series rather than a network series.

That being said, Bonnie Hunt is a very funny woman. And, am I alone in finding her a major Milf!

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
I had to Google Milf.

All I'll say is that I think Bonnie is very attractive, for some reason even more when she's wearing her Buddy Holly glasses.

My wife and I both love the program!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks