Life with Bonnie

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by LarryDavenport, Sep 25, 2002.

1. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Anyone else catch last night's show (I watched Buffy but taped Bonnie). It was great and David Duchovony was as funny as I've ever seen him.

I have a feeling a good portion of the show (at least the Bonnie talk show portions) are totally improvised. The actors had a very hard time keeping a straight face.

I am glad it is moving to 9pm.

2. Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong Supporting Actor

I gave it a try but, sorry to say because I like Bonnie Hunt, I didn't laugh as much as I wanted to. David Duchovny's character was unusual and funny in a cheerfully annoying sort of way.

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I watched the premiere (see thread I started about that), and while I thought Bonnie Hunt was great and really funny, the show as a whole didn't work for me, so I skipped it last night. I like Duchovny though, I would have watched it if I had known he was in it.

4. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Bonnie Hunt is a great actress. I just wish she could find a show that will work for her. I think she needs a strong supporting cast for a show for her to work, well.

Now that it will be on opposite Frasier, I will probably have to tape to watch. It will be interesting to see what her ratings will be at this time-slot.

5. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    I watched both episodes of this series and it seems terribly uneven to me. The stuff on the home front is the most trite sitcom stuff I've ever seen and the red-haired kid's acting is cringe-inducing. The improv stuff on her talk show however is frequently hilarious (with the exception of David Alan Grier who is way over the top). I can't see following this show to its new time slot.

Rob

6. Jesse Leonard

Jesse Leonard Second Unit

Did anybody by chance tape this last week's episode? I tried to tape it for my wife, but had the VCR hooked up wrong (I did it in a hurry, I swear [​IMG] ).
    If so, can I get a copy? I would be more than happy to send some cash your way to cover expenses.
    Thanks

7. derek

derek Second Unit

So did the whole cast from 'Return to Me' sign up for this show? I was waiting for Jim Belushi to jump in at some point. I liked Duchoveny's appearance but otherwise wasn't too impressed.

8. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    This is one of those shows that thinks it's much more funny and smarter than it actaully is. In fact, it's just not funny or smart at all.

A shame -- I really do like Bonnie Hunt, but this is an aimless mix of "aren't I clever" smugness and "I've seen this a hundred times" working mom domestic scenes.

Hanson