What's new

"Life With Bonnie" on 11/26/02 (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Did anyone see this episode of "Life with Bonnie", entitled "What if?", whic featured a cameo from Bonnie Hunt's famous friend Tom Hanks. I watched it and it was very funny. Did anyone else watch this episode or have you all given up on the show?

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
I think Life With Bonnie is the funniest show on the air this television season. It's a great alternative to those who have given up on the over-the-hill antics of "Frasier". Tuesdays ep. was hilarious. Just watching Bonnie's reaction to "husband" Tom brought tears to my eyes

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
My wife and I really enjoy Bonnie. It is a great show and I get the sense that a good portion of what ends up on screen is ad-libbed. The supporting cast is really as well.

Peace,

DM

Justin1

Stunt Coordinator
The reason everything seems ad-libbed is because it is. This show has had some serious problems since its start. Bonnie Hunt fired the entire writing staff after the first few episodes due to the fact that she disagreed in the show's direction (the lack of anything funny). Since then, friends of hers (Tom Hanks, Jonathon Winters) have appeared as guests in order to fill air time until her new writing staff can figure out how to make the show funny.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
We've watched this a few times times, being Bonnie Hunt fans, but I think the show has some serious problems:

1. The laugh track is too loud and annoying - many lines are drowned out.

2. The TV Host/harried mom split is just not engaging.

3. Just a pet peeve, but I HATE it when people's "characters" on a show have the SAME name as the actors portraying them. Seinfeld got away with it, but doesn't mean everyone else can.

4. If the shows are indeed essentially improved, that explains why it feels more like I'm watching them having fun with each other, rather than making a show that draws in the viewer. The show feels more like a class project or something done for people who know everyone involved.

5. The actor who portrays the son (Charlie)is incredibly wooden and (according to my wife) the least attractive child on TV.

Now having said all that, I DO like Bonnie Hunt, and think she could be part of a great TV series. I wished she'd surround herself with really talented crew (director, writers, etc.) and work WITH them to create an outstanding series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks