Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Title: Liebestraum (1991)

Tagline: A story of lust, murder and dreams.

Genre: Thriller, Mystery, Romance

Director: Mike Figgis

Cast: Kevin Anderson, Pamela Gidley, Bill Pullman, Kim Novak, Graham Beckel, Zach Grenier, Thomas Kopache, Anne Lange, Jack Wallace, Max Perlich, Catherine Hicks, Taina Elg, Tom McDermott, Joseph McKenna, Hugh Hurd, Joe Aufiery, Harper Harris, Karen Sillas, Tracy Thorne, Bill Raymond, Nola Mae Sanders, Lorie Blanding, Sarah Fearon, Bernie Sheredy, Ian Rob Witt, Alicia Witt, Alberto Sánchez, Roger Howarth, Penny Jo White, Waldemar Kalinowski, Lydia Radziul, Ele Keats, Scott Garrison, Brian J. Coffey, John Maczko, Richie Solomon

Release: 1991-09-13

Runtime: 112

Plot: A man returns to his hometown and a series of dark secrets are revealed.

I haven't seen this movie since the LaserDisc days. It's a virtually unknown, warped little psycho-sexual murder mystery from director Mike Figgis. Definitely not for everyone, and we'll see how it holds up, since on a whim I bought a used DVD which arrived today.

Has anyone seen it?

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Yes, a good and haunting, although strange, color film noir, with some of it set in an abandoned but "preserved" department store iirc.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've seen it, years ago now, but I have the DVD. I saw this in a cinema when it was first released. I like the film but oddly can't recall much about it. I bought the DVD back when it was released and watched it then and have not seen it since. I believe it got a TV showing years ago that I stumbled into just as it was starting and it was introduced by someone (?) and he called it a brilliant film by Mike Figgis. Maybe that was Alex Cox, I can't recall. I only saw the intro and the start of the film as I was about to head out for the evening.

Good one for Kino to release on Blu if they can get it.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks