Liberty's Kids on dvd

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by derek, Aug 23, 2006.

1. derek

derek Second Unit

I'd love to get this fantastic PBS educational series for my kids however it seems only 3 dvds (6 episodes) were released in 2004 and the DVDs are out of print and practically impossible to find. Any news on a rerelease or a box set of the 40+ episodes???

2. Matthew H

Matthew H Second Unit

It's funny.. I watched this when it was first on PBS.. it was on before Arthur (before any says anything, Arthur is hilarious.. a lot of adult humor for a kids show), and eventually back in '04 it was taken off of the PBS lineup and I forgot about it.

Today I was flipping through the channels, and saw the opening credits. Instant nostalgia hit me, I couldn't believe it was on TV again. I'm a bit of a history buff so I enjoyed this show - guest voices from Ahnuld, Ben Stiller, Michael Douglas, and many other A-list celebs. To my surprise though, it wasn't on PBS - it was on the WB. I guess it's been airing on select WB affiliates since 2004 after it's initial run. With 95% of the WB affiliates becoming "My (Insert Station Number Here)" in September, this block of shows won't be carrying over. They air a few other eduacational cartoons in mid afternoon after lunch. The Kids WB! block is moving to The CW, and that's it for animation. So after September 5th, this show won't be on anymore. Had I known it was I would have DVRd it, not it looks like I'll never see it again.

As with all of the other former and current PBS shows that are out on DVD, there currently aren't any more plans for a full DVD set, let alone best-ofs. Just those selected discs you can find on eBay.

It sucks. I'd pay top dollar for this or a chronological Arthur set. Sigh.