Liberty Science Center - Kodak IMAX dome & sound

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeffrey Chin, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

The Kodak OMNI THEATER, in Jersey City, NJ , the world’s largest IMAX® Dome Screen, w/ 400 seats, is a DO NOT WANT TO MISS experience. A giant 8 story domed screen with six-channel, digital wrap around sound for a great movie experience. I saw Amazing Caves and wanna see Africa- Serengeti..The sound is UNBELIEVABLE
    At first I heard sound coming from the center of the dome shaped IMAX theater..I was confused, asking myself where the sound was coming from? They gave a spotlight presentation of their sound system as the lights dimmed right before the IMAX movie. Turns out that their speakers are BEHIND the screen. 5 center spkrs etc
    http://www.lsc.org/visiting/IMAX_films/imax.html
    OMNI Theater: Adults $7.00, Students/Seniors $6.00, Children under 12 $5.00.
    ------------------
    MY PHAT CRIB PIMPIN HT SETUP
    [Edited last by Jeffrey Chin on July 13, 2001 at 12:31 PM]
    [Edited last by Jeffrey Chin on July 13, 2001 at 12:31 PM]
    [Edited last by Jeffrey Chin on July 13, 2001 at 12:33 PM]

2. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

Just another thing that's a short drive away, yet I never take advantage of. [​IMG] Now I'll have to get down there.
    [Edited last by Jack Gilvey on July 13, 2001 at 01:55 PM]

3. Rong Chen

Rong Chen Extra

I went there last weekend. Watched the Amazing Caves too. Yes, very impressive experience. To compare it with you own HT:
    6 channels 40 speakers 150,000 watts powered sound system to fill the world largest IMAX dome theater. Screen size? covering entire human eye's vision angle. Beats any one in the universe.
    I want to go back to watch the SolarMax.